SiouxSports.com Forum

Member Updating

MafiaMan

Do you ever 'clean up' or delete members who haven't been active for a long period of time? I have noticed a number of members who haven't been active in YEARS or who signed up, posted once, and haven't been back since. Just curious...

Do you ever 'clean up' or delete members who haven't been active for a long period of time? I have noticed a number of members who haven't been active in YEARS or who signed up, posted once, and haven't been back since. Just curious...

No, the way the software works the posts are tied to the account, so there's not really a good concept of removing old accounts. I'd say about 10% of accounts are "active" at any given time. But, that can also be a feature, it's not unheard of for someone to disappear for a few years and then reappear.

No, the way the software works the posts are tied to the account, so there's not really a good concept of removing old accounts. I'd say about 10% of accounts are "active" at any given time. But, that can also be a feature, it's not unheard of for someone to disappear for a few years and then reappear.

So you're sayin' there's no chance of me advancing up in the ranks, eh? I'm forever Member #43.

Wait a second...what happened to the member # notation by your user name? Adding this uo, it looks like I'm member #44. I could have sworn I was always 43...

We've been through lots of versions of lots of forum software over the years, including one complete switch in products. My guess is that they were renumbered at some point. I notice that administrator is #2 and I'm #3, so #1 was probably reserved for some built-in account at some point.

We've been through lots of versions of lots of forum software over the years, including one complete switch in products. My guess is that they were renumbered at some point. I notice that administrator is #2 and I'm #3, so #1 was probably reserved for some built-in account at some point.

So I can't move UP a notch but I can be DOWN-GRADED? Great...

• 2 weeks later...