SiouxSports.com Forum

Goon

Instead of dusting the old one off, lets start the new one up.

Time to fire the head coach.... The guy can't coach at all. Why do we pay him all of this money.

He's been to the Frozen Four five out of nine seasons. Hakstol's teams have won 20+ games nine season in a row, his teams have made the Final Five every year that he's been the head coach.

UND has won four WCHA Playoff and 2 WCHA regular season Championships under the much maligned head coach.

In addition, Hakstol's teams have made the NCAA tourney every year that he's been at UND and UND just because the team with the longest streak 11 years.

To put this into perspective, SCSU has won 2 NCAA games in their school's history. This is Yale's first trip to the Frozen Four in 60 years.

It's hurts that UND didn't win it all this year, but it's not like UND won't be back soon.

I will be back, again next season.

*The author of this post realizes that many are frustrated with the current loss of the UND hockey program. This a shot at satire. But also a place for fans to blow off steam.

• Upvote 2

Time to fire the head coach.... The guy can't coach at all. Why do we pay him all of this money.

He's been to the Frozen Four five out of nine seasons. Hakstol's teams have won 20+ games nine season in a row, his teams have made the Final Five every year that he's been the head coach.

UND has won four WCHA Playoff and 2 WCHA regular season Championships under the much maligned head coach.

In addition, Hakstol's teams have made the NCAA tourney every year that he's been at UND and UND just because the team with the longest streak 11 years.

To put this into perspective, SCSU has won 2 NCAA games in their school's history. This is Yale's first trip to the Frozen Four in 60 years.

It's hurts that UND didn't win it all this year, but it's not like UND won't be back soon.

*The author of this post realizes that many are frustrated with the current loss of the UND hockey program. This a shot at satire. But also a place for fans to blow off steam.

Well played, Goon....

Tourney is one and done. The best team doesn't always win. We have had a bad streak, especially with all our talent. If the playoffs were a series of best if three, we'd have two or three titles under his tenure.

Lucia, and Gwoz haven't done a darn thing in ten years and they are equally as talented. Who would you hire? Until I see a talent decline in our recruits, I am on team Hak.

Tourney is one and done. The best team doesn't always win. We have had a bad streak, especially with all our talent. If the playoffs were a series of best if three, we'd have two or three titles under his tenure.

Lucia, and Gwoz haven't done a darn thing in ten years and they are equally as talented. Who would you hire? Until I see a talent decline in our recruits, I am on team Hak.

um 10 years ago Lucia won his second championship and Gwoz won the next two years add soooo other than those.....
  • Upvote 1

You seem to forget that we aren't SCSU or Yale, we're the Fighting Sioux - once the best hockey program in the country, now not as much. At some point Hak's job requirements need to be to win a natty. How long should we give him? When was the last time we went into the playoffs and came up with a plan that disrupted the other team? This year after year is getting frustrating. Time to get it done!

You seem to forget that we aren't SCSU or Yale, were the Fighting Sioux - once the best hockey program in the atand came up with a plan that disrupted the other team? This year after year is getting frustrating. Time to get it done!

Let's hand Blasi a blank check...oh, wait....that's another of those programs that's beneath us....

um 10 years ago Lucia won his second championship and Gwoz won the next two years add soooo other than those.....

Lucia won his 2nd championship 2 years before Hakstol was hired. Gwoz won his 2nd against UND in Hak's first year. Neither has done anything more than Hak since. As a matter of fact, both have missed the national tournament multiple times during that period, and Hak has never missed the tournament.

If Hakstol was a pro-hockey coach he would've been canned years ago even with the record you posted.

If Hakstol was a pro-hockey coach he would've been canned years ago even with the record you posted.

Hakstol isn't a pro hockey coach, he's a college hockey coach. Different situations. And there isn't a comparable coaching record, so you don't know that for sure. It would probably depend on the franchise.

(Give or take 10 years) yes, Gwoz and Lucia have won titles but they have had long droughts as well. Hak could have just as easily have 2 titles by now. He's put is in position 5 times. The boys have to execute. I'll join the fire Hak crew when we miss tourneys. Until then, I'll take his recruiting, his winning percentage, and his ability to get us in a position to win titles. They will come. Chill out.