SiouxSports.com Forum

Jump to FBS

GeauxSioux

Good Input . . . Easy to say, but really, really, really hard to make happen. Splitting 41 out of FBS to the 75 Level would be virually impossible. It would be just as easy for them to go up 5 than down 10. Also your split would throw two full scholarship FCS conference into tier 3, like the Southland, OVC, Big Sky or Valley. How do you choose two to move down? If you pick schools instead of conferences, you tear conferences apart. Really hard to make happen.

Also, I'd say your Tier 3 level of 60 scholarships is too high. I'd move the max to 50, but even at that level, a championship in Tier 3 is basically meaningless, with a lot of non-scholarship schools.

In the end, I belive that 2 championships will prevail, even if the levels change a little. In the end, I don't think you want any DI championship that has teams that are not as good as DII. That's what you'd have at the DI- 0to50 level.

And geez, get rid of your A,AA,AAA's. I'd just call the Subdivisions DI-90, DI-75, DI-50. All these schools are meeting the academic requirements of DI, and they all play DI basketball, don't screw that up.

I know it would be really hard to implement. Do all FBS schools give out the full compliment of 85 schollies now? If not those would be the schools that would probably need to move down. Same for the FCS schools that don't give out 63 now.

The conferences would all have to be realigned since your putting 12 schools in each conference with 7 conferences per tier. I don't see how you would be able to just move conferences around and get the numbers and the right schools where they need to be.

Maybe add more schollies to the top tier, say 100, I would think the BCS schools would make that happen fairly easily. I think you would almost be better off splitting them up by schollie alocation. With 25 schollies separating the 3 tiers, it should make a more distinction between them. Then set up the championship playoff formats however those groups decide, while the non-fully funded schollie teams would be left out.

I do like your subdivisions DI-100, DI-75, & DI-50 better! That kind of states the difference between them the best.

Kind of fun to throw out thoughts and see what other people think, not that any of this would ever happen but who knows what it will look like in 20 years!

How original. :silly: Too bad that's its called in the other divisions of college football.

Yeah a lot of "curb appeal" in that name all right.

The best line in this article was from the B1G honcho...

Before the news was reported, Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany said he'd be happy with whatever was selected.

''I'm am not good with names - obviously,'' Delany said during a break in the meetings, referring to the Big Ten's division names, Legends and Leaders, that produced so much negative feedback the conference has already decided to change them.

Yeah a lot of "curb appeal" in that name all right.

The best line in this article was from the B1G honcho...

Before the news was reported, Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany said he'd be happy with whatever was selected.

''I'm am not good with names - obviously,'' Delany said during a break in the meetings, referring to the Big Ten's division names, Legends and Leaders, that produced so much negative feedback the conference has already decided to change them.

Totally stupid. Why not East and West, because now with expansion what is Maryland...a legend or a leader (answer is neither).

Totally stupid. Why not East and West, because now with expansion what is Maryland...a legend or a leader (answer is neither).

Maybe I'm reading you wrong, but you should read the end of the post you replied to. The B1G is already changing the divisions and the names because of the new additions.

Don't know if it has been mentioned anywhere yet, but the BCS replacement now has a name...

http://sports.yahoo....831--ncaaf.html

Sounds like it is named perfectly....so that a corporate sponsor can pay big bucks to put their name in front of it.

The B1G is realigning and renaming their divisions.