SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 flood

darell1976

Sorry to blow your science hating mind but this is part of climatic change.

That, ... or Acts 20:30 pretty much predicted charlatans of all ilks, including the climate change crowd, when it said " ... men will come forward perverting the truth to draw the disciples away after them".

Now, as far as "science", much less what some call "settled science" regarding climate, and such, I forget, is it OK to eat eggs or not eat eggs this decade. One minute they're bad for you (cholesterol) and the next they're great because of the protein, It's been so back-and-forth I can't keep it straight. Science can't make up it's mind on eggs. I'm thinking climate may be a bit more challenging scientifically.

This will be the lastest crest of the Red River...EVER.

This will be the lastest in the spring that Fargo will register a high of 50...EVER.

This month as a great chance of being the coldest April on record for Fargo...EVER.

If this is "global warming"...turn up the heat even more please!!!

• Upvote 1

That, ... or Acts 20:30 pretty much predicted charlatans of all ilks, including the climate change crowd, when it said " ... men will come forward perverting the truth to draw the disciples away after them".

Now, as far as "science", much less what some call "settled science" regarding climate, and such, I forget, is it OK to eat eggs or not eat eggs this decade. One minute they're bad for you (cholesterol) and the next they're great because of the protein, It's been so back-and-forth I can't keep it straight. Science can't make up it's mind on eggs. I'm thinking climate may be a bit more challenging scientifically.

Ever heard of the lipid hypothesis? The guy threw out half the countries he studied to make his theory and got his picture on the cover of Time magazine and they based the food pyramid off of his sham of a study.

As far as eggs go. There are three types of cholesterol, two of which your body needs to do basically anything and the other is bad for you. A diet high in natural animal and veggie fat it actually really good for you even though it contains the dreaded saturated fats that we have been lied to about for decades. The real culprate is processed foods and refined sugars and oils.

One funny thing about global warming climate change mannearpig is that it makes it seem that the scientists think the climate has never changed before and hasn't been constantly shifting over history.

I still want to know what the "scientists" think the desired setpoint is for the earth's thermostat. Just because it may be warming or cooling from the last 100 or so years' mean temperature, who's to say that the last 100 years or so was optimal?

I still want to know what the "scientists" think the desired setpoint is for the earth's thermostat. Just because it may be warming or cooling from the last 100 or so years' mean temperature, who's to say that the last 100 years or so was optimal?

Because that's the way things were and we liked it. Harrumph.

• Upvote 1

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/396750/

FARGO – Forecasters are advising flood fighters to prepare for a Red River crest here between 39 and 41 feet, with a predicted midrange crest of 40.3 feet.

The minimum-maximum crest range could fall within 38 to 42 feet

The record 2009 flood crested at 40.84 feet.

Live near infamous drain 53 in south Fargo. Permanent dike built in Feb. '11 at a 42' protection level. Sounds like we might have to add 1-2' sandbags on top of dike. 4 of last 5 years of spring flooding is getting old.

Oxbow and Darrel are your houses going to be ok?

I live down the street from the VA hospital about 6 blocks from the river and a 45ft dike protecting me, if the river goes over that its over for Fargo. So it's scary (especially after living the 97 GF flood) but there was major improvements to North Fargo like flood walls and higher dikes so up to 42 should be no problem but after that and its touch and go....thanks for your concern and I will keep everyone updated on we (Fargo) are doing.

Live near infamous drain 53 in south Fargo. Permanent dike built in Feb. '11 at a 42' protection level. Sounds like we might have to add 1-2' sandbags on top of dike. 4 of last 5 years of spring flooding is getting old.

Hope you stay dry Oxbow. Lets hope for the best.

I saw where Grand Forks is getting close to breaking a 109 year old record for the longest winter. It made me think back to a time when it was very hot in GF. I was a senior in high school...

Temperature

The hottest day of 1980 was April 21, with a high temperature of 100°F. For reference, on that day the average high temperature is 57°F and the high temperature exceeds 72°F only one day in ten. The hottest month of 1980 was July with an average daily high temperature of 85°F.

Relative to the average, the hottest day was April 21. The high temperature that day was 100°F, compared to the average of 57°F, a difference of 43°F. In relative terms the warmest month was April, with an average high temperature of 65°F, compared to an typical value of 53°F.

The longest warm spell was from April 14 to May 6, constituting 23 consecutive days with warmer than average high temperatures. The month of April had the largest fraction of warmer than average days with 87% days with higher than average high temperatures.

https://weatherspark...a-United-States

Boy did we have fun that spring.

I saw where Grand Forks is getting close to breaking a 109 year old record for the longest winter. It made me think back to a time when it was very hot in GF. I was a senior in high school...

April 1980....I was 4 so I don't quite remember that heat spell. I do know the 1980s was a very hot decade.

April 1980 I was still a pre-schooler, but I vaguely remember that heat wave. I saw pictures of kids leaving school early because of the heat.