SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 State Hockey Tourney

J.B.

Will be sad to see the tournament leave Grand Forks, but at the same time if it means that the UND women's team is successful then I guess its an even trade.

Scheels Arena will be a good host in the future. Maybe some atmosphere again?

We should just go all the way and give ALL the state tournaments to Imperial Cass. :angry: It's the only part of the state that matters, right? :silly:

We should just go all the way and give ALL the state tournaments to Imperial Cass. :angry: It's the only part of the state that matters, right? :silly:

You realize part of the reason it is being moved is due to scheduling conflicts at the REA right? Like the women having to play games at Purpur?

You realize part of the reason it is being moved is due to scheduling conflicts at the REA right? Like the women having to play games at Purpur?

Yes, I read the story in the Heraldo on that. It's still a travesty. If there is one tournament that should be in Grand Forks, it's the state hockey tournament. If they have to have the boys and girls tournaments in different towns, then do it. We'll see what kind of attendance they have for this in that overpriced, overhyped, ugly-as-sin arena formerly known as the UP Center. :glare: I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I think the worst thing they did was combining the girls and boys tournament together. I used to coach a while back and during the coaches meeting on Saturday morning the coach of the Grand Forks girls team was upset with the lack of atmosphere present in the REA main rink that his girls played in the day before. He thought it was better in the smaller olympic facility.

Matt Malm, god rest his soul, actually at one point said that the boys tournament should be moved to Minot if scheduling and facilities were becoming an issue.

The coaches don't like moving to different facilities, the players don't like it. Lets just split the two up again or play them on different weekends.