SiouxSports.com Forum

Indian nicknames in the news

jimdahl

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:45 AM, Oxbow6 said:

So hate and prejudice need to have some justifiable prerequisites like having a "charter" or a "platform"?  Hmmmmmmm.......makes perfect sense now. Thanks for clearing the air for me.

.....and obviously, according to you, if one makes hateful, racial or prejudice comments it is one's race that then quantifies if he or she as being racist or just being an a**hole?

No, I am saying that neo-Nazis are built on a platform of prejudice. Black Lives Matter is a movement for equality; though there are some racist, hateful people in it, the movement is not founded in or based on it. 

If I start a murder club that would be bad. If two people in your book club murder someone, the book club is not necessarily bad . . . the murderers are. If my murder club is treated with more disdain than your book club, that's not a double standard. I think the most precise definition of a double standard is the application of different sets of principles for similar situations. The situations are not similar.

Regarding the last part of your message .......obviously, according to me, you have no idea what I am saying. I wasn't even trying to argue with you, just noting there is a difference between some bad people and a bad institution. I thought you were just being hyperbolic, maybe you aren't, maybe you really think they're the same.

Your response where you negatively imply that I think race defines someone's heart though is just plain inflammatory.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Yea, guys!  Now someone post a picture of a football helmet and lacrosse helmet in this thread!  :lol:

As long as either helmet does have the old Sioux logo on it. That would too political........and of course too offensive.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2017 at 5:54 AM, The Sicatoka said:

So you got "white green white" backs and a green bench? 
I got "white green white" backs but a white bench. ;) 

Others commented on that yoo.  Ly brother has one ewith a white bench.  I need to find a good way of supporting that bench.  It's coming inside this winter.  

7 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Others commented on that yoo.  Ly brother has one ewith a white bench.  I need to find a good way of supporting that bench.  It's coming inside this winter.  

Unistrut. 
http://www.unistrut.us/ 

2 - 24" pieces on the ground
2 - 18" pieces vertical from ground to bench mounts
2 - angle supports (to keep 24" and 18" pieces together)
nuts, bolts, and washers

... just a guess ;) 

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/you-only-get-to-do-this-if-you-win-1818692141

Open desecration of NA logo on FSU football field by winning visitor.  I predict some sensitivity training for the whole team.

Remember Seminole Tribe gave their permission and got something in return $$$$$.

Just now, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

A sprint and a spit, if somebody did that on center ice or the marble floors at REA there'd be blows exchanged.

that's the difference between UND and their fans and FSU. I expected it to be more then what is was. deadspin trolling for clicks I guess.