SiouxSports.com Forum

Indian nicknames in the news

jimdahl

Obviously they don't. Some states do, Wisconsin is one. Other states don't. Maybe you would like to move to California and start a campaign.

I wish ND didn't have it. GFC should still be the Redskins, and West, Valley and Wilder should still be the Warriors.

This is sad watching Dan Snyder get ripped apart. Nothing he says or does will be good enough. He pulls a study that says 90% don't mind him having that name for his team...they say 1000 isn't a large enough sample size...if it was a "Women's Rights" survey, and 1000 women were surveyed, and 501 of them were Pro-choice, they'd be screaming, "SEE, WOMEN SUPPORT FREEDOM OF CHOICE!!!!!!!!111!!!!11" Liberal agenda at its best.

• Upvote 4

Looks like Snyder caved ... :whistling:

http://www.theonion....he-dc-re,34161/

In light of Snyder’s decision, Cleveland Indians owner Larry Dolan told reporters he will change the feather in Chief Wahoo’s headdress from red to a “more appropriate” shade of red

:lol: :lol: :lol: As an Indians fan I would be very pissed to see them change their name and logo. I saw a little less Chief Wahoo this year with the team going with a "C" on their caps but I hope its not a sign of things to come.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I saw a little less Chief Wahoo this year with the team going with a "C" on their caps but I hope its not a sign of things to come.

Sadly...it is. Not only has Cleveland added the "C" cap, it's also added a "C" batting helmet.

OF course, it also did this during the 1970's ketchup-packet era...LOVED this uniform.

76+Robinson%252C+Frank+f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The war on Native American based nicknames/logos in sports is a PC issue, not a liberal issue. I am proud to call myself a liberal but I do NOT support the war on Native American based nicknames/logos in sports. As a matter of fact, I detest the war on Native American based nicknames/logos in sports just as much as I detest conservative issues like trying to help the rich get richer at the expense of the poor and middle class.

This is one issue we are 100% on the same side on. Great post.

• Upvote 1

The war on Native American based nicknames/logos in sports is a PC issue, not a liberal issue. I am proud to call myself a liberal but I do NOT support the war on Native American based nicknames/logos in sports. As a matter of fact, I detest the war on Native American based nicknames/logos in sports just as much as I detest conservative issues like trying to help the rich get richer at the expense of the poor and middle class.

Well said sir.
  • Upvote 2

I love how folks proudly call themselves 'liberal' and then claim to be anti-PC. Take a good look at your fellow 'proud' liberals like Nancy Pelosi, Barak Obama, Bryant Gumbel, Bob Costas, etc...in fact, please find me a good liberal political figure who has said anything about sticking up for history and nicknames...So-called middle-of-the-roaders like Dorgan, Conrad, and Heirkamp? Good luck!