SiouxSports.com Forum

Brandt

Prof Plum

Quote: from The Sicatoka on 4:49 pm on Jan. 15, 2002

The NCAA lets you travel with 19 skaters and no more than 3 (and not less than 2) goaltenders.

Which 19 skaters are going to CC?

B. Connelly, Faul, Leinweber & Palmiscno will stay home. That will have Fournier going along as the extra skater. My guess, anyway.

With this "19 skaters" rule being in place, how does Minnesota replace two guys for their second game with Wisconsin? Demarchi and another guy both dressed Friday, but were replaced Saturday. Just another case of the "Minnesota rules" or what?

Seems to me a couple years ago I think the Sioux lost a player to injury and there was a story about another player getting a call to hit the road and make the Sat night game which he did.

I can't place this for sure.  I think it was a game in MN.  I don't remember when or who.  But I seem to remember that it was ok.

I'm curious what someone with more knowledge can add.

Quote: from dagies on 5:57 pm on Jan. 15, 2002

Seems to me a couple years ago I think the Sioux lost a player to injury and there was a story about another player getting a call to hit the road and make the Sat night game which he did.

I can't place this for sure.

Clayton, you must be more like me and post on EVERYTHING until everyone is bored with your inane and ill-informed comments.  O yes, and prove that you have NO memory at all.  ;)

I thought Brandt was going to go this last Sat night until we lost on Friday.  I think then Blais decided he had to give the team the best chance to take a W out of that game.   I still think he wants to play a couple goalies if possible, and Siembida proved on Sat. that he is human.  

I wouldn't be surprised to see Siembida play both games.  I also wouldn't be surprised if we win on Friday and Brandt plays Sat.  I don't really know.

Speaking of goalies, it is kind of fun watching the gopher fans knashing their teeth over their goalie situation right now.  They're all ripped up over Hauser, but few are noticing that Weber let in 3 of 4 shots in the 3rd period alone on Friday.  I think the fact that Blais found Siembida mid-season and they are seeming to struggle in nets is really in their craw right now.  Kind of fun to see again.  It's good to have the goofs good again.

Just turned on the game for the 3rd period.  I see Brandt is playing.  Hennessey says he has played really well tonite, and none of the 3 goals are his fault.  Good for Jake.  Could be we have 2 solid goaltenders to finish this year and head to the future with.  Look out WCHA!!!

WDAZ gave Brandt the "player of the game" award on Saturday, so he must have looked sharp. Saw periods 2 (part of) and 3 on the tube, but couldn't really tell what was going on from that "distant" camera, "wide angle" shot CC gave us. Extremely slow, unskilled looking game on the huge ice surface. Camera work was terrible though, and contributed to the bad looking game. Glad the games in the REA are played on an NHL sized rink.