SiouxSports.com Forum

Soooo

Fetch

well as far as the GeneralPublic maybe after all the BS and Fear Mongering but the Fans I don't think so & they held off the wolves for a good long while - & the majority will always Fighting Sioux at Heart

well as far as the GeneralPublic maybe after all the BS and Fear Mongering but the Fans I don't think so & they held off the wolves for a good long while - & the majority will always Fighting Sioux at Heart

Yes, it is true that we will be fighting Sioux fans at heart forever...but the toothpaste is out of the tube and there is little chance of getting it back in...the long battle exhausted even the most staunch supporters so I don't see it ever coming up to a vote again...sad, but reality...Go Sioux!!

What kind of odds all you no chancers willing to give on a bet that we will eventually get our name back or not, say over a 15 year window. Darrell you say "no way", anytime I use the phrase no way I would be comfortable with correlated odds of something in the relm of 1000 to 1, maybe more for "no way".

The only way this makes any difference is if the federal courts tell the NCAA their sanctions and policy are unenforceable. This won't happen because FOR THE 50,000TH TIME the NCAA is a voluntary organization that can implement any rules it pleases. But let's just say SL wins. The NCAA would strike the hostile and abusive policy and its corresponding sanctions and we could return to our nickname. But the NCAA could then propose a rule giving itself whatever power the federal courts said they did not have in their bylaws back when the policy was implemented. This rule would easily pass because 98% of the member institutions would not be affected and wouldn't even give the vote a second thought. The NCAA could then enact the policy again and we'd be right back to where we were 6 years ago. I want nothing more than to be the Fighting Sioux for the rest of eternity but it has been clear to me for some time that it just won't happen. It'll be a lot more painless if you just try to begin to accept that.

What kind of odds all you no chancers willing to give on a bet that we will eventually get our name back or not, say over a 15 year window. Darrell you say "no way", anytime I use the phrase no way I would be comfortable with correlated odds of something in the relm of 1000 to 1, maybe more for "no way".

Grand Forks Central, Valley Jr. High, Wilder and West Elementary schools have been without their NA nicknames since 1991. When they get their names back UND will get theirs back. UND will never be the Fighting Sioux again. We the fans of UND will be the Fighting Sioux forever but the school and its teams will never be called the Fighting Sioux....zero percent chance.

How about a poll ?

1. Who has bought a new ND Jersey ?

2. Who wears Fighting Sioux stuff ?

3. Who plans on only wearing ND stuff in the future ?

4. Who plans on wearing only Fighting Sioux stuff in the future ?

How about a poll ?

1. Who has bought a new ND Jersey ?

2. Who wears Fighting Sioux stuff ?

3. Who plans on only wearing ND stuff in the future ?

4. Who plans on wearing only Fighting Sioux stuff in the future ?

1. I have a shirt with just the ND logo and it doesn't have the words Fighting Sioux

2. I still wear my Fighting Sioux stuff (jacket, cap, jersey, shirts)

3. Nope

4. Nope (I will wear both because I support the University of North Dakota not just the nickname.