SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

• 1 month later...

The NHL nets are now shallower...there's already talk about the potential for more wrap-around style goals, etc.

Here's an article summarizing the changes:

http://bluejacketsxt...difference.html

Have they made this official? The latest I heard was that they were using them in training camps and preseason games and they could be approved for use in the regular season, but from this article he makes it sound like they are using these during the regular season.

Have they made this official? The latest I heard was that they were using them in training camps and preseason games and they could be approved for use in the regular season, but from this article he makes it sound like they are using these during the regular season.

I'm not sure because I didn't see anything obvious when doing a quick google search. Here is another article that makes it seem official, though:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/wp/2013/09/15/capitals-take-note-of-new-nhl-nets/

Just saw this from a preseason game on Sunday. Toronto vs Buffalo, and one of Toronto's "tough guy" (Jamie Devane - 6'5", 217 lbs) goes after Corey Tropp (6'0", 185 lbs) from Buffalo after Tropp scored a goal to pull within 1 goal of the Leafs and make it 4-3 - and he damages him pretty good.

After that, John Scott (6'8", 270 lbs) from Buffalo goes after Phil Kessel (6'0", 202 lbs) - tit for tat. Gotta love how the pu**y Kessel responds. A couple of baseball swings with his stick to Scott's legs, then he spears him later by the benches after the fights have ended and Scott is tied up with Clarkson and a ref. Granted, he would have gotten destroyed by Scott, but that move is a vintage Slap Shot move - there's no way anyone should be swinging sticks like that, for any reason. If Kessel has a problem with that, he may want to take that up with his teammate, Devane. Also, I love how the announcers say "Give Kessel credit, he hasn't backed down....".

I see Clarkson got a 10 game suspension for leaving the bench. So far that's the only suspension I've seen out of this. If Kessel doesn't get anything for the homerun swing, well...I wouldn't know what to say. But if Shanahan's handing out the suspensions, I guess there's no rhyme or reason to what he may get (or not get) so you never know - maybe he won't get anything.

Wow that's a lot of hostility for a preseason game, do these teams normally not get along? I know they're pretty close geographically but have never paid much attention to them really.

These teams had a hotly contested playoff series just a few months ago...

EDIT: WTF, MafiaMan? It was Boston vs Toronto last season, not Buffalo vs Boston.

Edited by MafiaMan

I think you're confusing Buffalo and Boston. Buffalo was nowhere near making the playoffs last year. Boston defeated Toronto in the first round of the playoffs.

Edited my post. I am showing early stages of Alzheimer's...

Whoa, what the heck, UND is changing the nickname from Fighting Sioux?

If you watch the complete video of the fight(s), Kessel comes back later at Scott and gives him a quick spear as well.

The initial slashes were in an "oh crap this big effer is coming after me" moment from the former gopher.The little spear later on was worse I think, because it wasn't a reflex thing.

• Upvote 1

Sorry to ruin the Kessel witchhunt with facts, but John Scott was the instigator. Kessel's quote:

"It was pretty stupid, right? He said he was going to jump me," Kessel said.

"What are you going to do? He's a big boy, so if he's coming after me, what are you going to do?"

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=400485548

And this makes cheap shot spears ok? Classic acts of a former gopher here!

Sorry to ruin the Kessel witchhunt with facts, but John Scott was the instigator. Kessel's quote:

"It was pretty stupid, right? He said he was going to jump me," Kessel said.

"What are you going to do? He's a big boy, so if he's coming after me, what are you going to do?"

http://scores.espn.g...ameId=400485548

I don't think the instigator is in question Dave, it's whacking guys from behind with sticks that is the issue, apparently there was another one later than the video showed too. Even if someone singles you out and is obviously the attacker they're not going to let you start swinging sticks.

• Upvote 1