SiouxSports.com Forum

Lucia speaks for Broten, Woog and Parise and saves the world

yababy8

Dude, I've had discussions with refs at Sugars after games there and they have very strong opinions that UND is the dirtiest team in the league. One official who I will not name called them "psychos." I swear he literally said that. Obviously BOTH teams are responsible with some of the fighting that goes on when they play but I GUARANTEE you that if there was a poll asking all WCHA fans who is the cheapest team in the league the winner would be UND hands down.

And you don't think that Gopher fans drinking with the refs and the discussion focuses on "how dirty the Sioux are" is an indication that the Goophs get favored by these same refs?

• Upvote 1

You must allow him deference, he is a Fighting Irish Alumnus. He does not understand The Rivalry. Perhaps when Gopher Hockey has the following of Gopher Baseball he will.

He has Notre Dame on the schedule for 4 years. The 4 years that his son will be playing for them. He's also a Notre Dame alumnus like squirtcoach said. I'm not backing Lucia for this reason, but if it were me I'd much rather schedule Notre Dame (A respectable opponent) for one series a year for four years so that I can see my son play 2 games a year while in college than scheduling North Dakota (Also a respectable opponent). That's just trying to put myself in Lucia's shoes, though. It's pretty easy to see why he wanted Notre Dame on the schedule the next four years. He obviously can't and won't admit that's why he put them on the schedule but I'd be more than willing to bet money that's a very strong reason for it.

And you don't think that Gopher fans drinking with the refs and the discussion focuses on "how dirty the Sioux are" is an indication that the Goophs get favored by these same refs?

I think it's an indication that the Sioux program has made their own bed when it comes to their reputation from the refs and now they have to sleep in it.
  • Upvote 1

So with your comment about the refs, since I worked in TV if you can't name the source it never really happened. So i will just go with that you are making !@#$ up as you go. Go Sioux!

7 is always greater then 5!!!!!!!!

You can say this for anything. Same with the Finley story. Prove to me Blake Wheeler said that. Prove to me what Rau said to Blood. Saying that just makes every argument on a message board a complete loss :lol:

• Upvote 1

I think it's an indication that the Sioux program has made their own bed when it comes to their reputation from the refs and now they have to sleep in it.

I'm sure we're not on the top of their favorites list, but I think Minnesota is right down there with us, both programs have had their share of "incidences".

I saw this quote today on the Gopher Puck Live site today regarding the Sioux vs Gophers rivalry. Written by a Gophers fan:

"Ya this series would be a good way to promote college hockey. I honestly think this is one of the better rivalries in all of college sports."

Thanks for stealing my quote off of GPL D-Bag.

What loser hangs around other team's forum?

Obviously the Douche taking quotes off of GPL does.

You = FAIL

NOTSOCLASSY.jpg

Better then the FAT COWS UND has as cheerleaders! I think this is the first year they have at least over three decent ones.

You can say this for anything. Same with the Finley story. Prove to me Blake Wheeler said that. Prove to me what Rau said to Blood. Saying that just makes every argument on a message board a complete loss :lol:

True, but that was not my point. None of us were on the ice or where ever this person talked to the refs so we do not know what was really said.

True, but that was not my point. None of us were on the ice or where ever this person talked to the refs so we do not know what was really said.

I know. But none of us were on the ice when these things were said to UND players either, so you can't prove they're real. That's the point I'm trying to make. I don't know if the ref was drunk and said the "psycho" thing or what, but it never should have been said if it actually is true. But to have people saying it didn't happen and then come right back and say the Finley and Blood things are true is very hypocritical since it can't be proved. I have also heard of WCHA officials dreading having to officiate UND games because of the shenanigans that tend to happen in a large percentage of their games. Do I expect you to believe me? No I don't, because I can't prove it to you. But that still doesn't mean it isn't true.

I have also heard of WCHA officials dreading having to officiate UND games because of the shenanigans that tend to happen in a large percentage of their games.

sounds legit.

Hasn't been many shenanigans lately. I suppose if you remember every time it happens and forget about all the other games, it would seem like that. It's called confirmation bias.

sounds legit.

Hasn't been many shenanigans lately. I suppose if you remember every time it happens and forget about all the other games, it would seem like that. It's called confirmation bias.

I can't deny that. This year UND has been very good at avoiding those shenanigans that they're usually known for. I've been vocal in supporting UND in that aspect on GPL too. I think officials have taken notice as well. There's a reason UND's penalty minutes are down to 9th in the league this year. Although the call this past weekend was terrible.

Thanks for stealing my quote off of GPL D-Bag.

Obviously the Douche taking quotes off of GPL does.

Better then the FAT COWS UND has as cheerleaders! I think this is the first year they have at least over three decent ones.

Quite the first post.

Please refrain from the personal attacks. Otherwise your time here will be a short one.

Thank you.

I remember going to a DU/Minnesota series about 7 years or so ago at Magness and seeing a Gopher player-laying on his back-kick a DU player so hard with his skate, he cut through the guy's jersey and chest protector and drew blood. I'm definitely no DU fan, trust me, but my point is, I can cherry pick as much as the next guy and find examples of bad on-ice behavior as Gopher fans can.