SiouxSports.com Forum

Lucia speaks for Broten, Woog and Parise and saves the world

yababy8

I think it is amazing to hear goofer fans talk about the goonery of the Sioux, they are by far the biggest cheap shot, !@#$ talkers in all of college hockey. Just listen to them, the since of entitlement is amazing. Can't wait to watch Michigan kick their ass year after year! T. Lucia was the biggest reason for most of the dust up while he was there, talk !@#$ and then skate and hide behind his daddies skirt. Total pansies. I hope MacWilliam lays Rau or someone out with a good hard clean hit. The whinning that we will hear and calling for suspensions will be great. I am surprised they do not have the stop signs on the front of their jerseys, poor babies can't take a hit!

Dude, I've had discussions with refs at Sugars after games there and they have very strong opinions that UND is the dirtiest team in the league. One official who I will not name called them "psychos." I swear he literally said that. Obviously BOTH teams are responsible with some of the fighting that goes on when they play but I GUARANTEE you that if there was a poll asking all WCHA fans who is the cheapest team in the league the winner would be UND hands down.
  • Upvote 1

Dude, I've had discussions with refs at Sugars after games there and they have very strong opinions that UND is the dirtiest team in the league. One official who I will not name called them "psychos." I swear he literally said that. Obviously BOTH teams are responsible with some of the fighting that goes on when they play but I GUARANTEE you that if there was a poll asking all WCHA fans who is the cheapest team in the league the winner would be UND hands down.

Since when do refs have eyes on the back of their heads? Of course, only when they are doing games in Mariucci!

Good for you, you have talked to refs as a goofer fan and they told you what you want to hear. UND might be "psychos" but did they also tell you that the goofers are "pussies", because then and only then could I take the refs comments seriously!

• Upvote 3

Good for you, you have talked to refs as a goofer fan and they told you what you want to hear. UND might be "psychos" but did they also tell you that the goofers are "pussies", because then and only then could I take the refs comments seriously!

To me the definition of a "pussy" would be the biggest hack on UND(Blood) picking a fight with the smallest Gopher(Rau) during handshakes. Biggest pussy move I've seen in years.
  • Upvote 1

Did Frozen4sioux mention class? :D

205434_1957873672600_3596134_n.jpg

You are right. No Gopher fan has ever said anything rude or derogatory towards any opposing fans or players. No Gopher player has ever started a fight with an opposing player or said anything to them that is mean spirited. No Gopher fan has ever used their middle finger during any gopher game in the history of Minnesota hockey!!

COME ON!!!

Your argument is pathetic. Coaches, players, and fans from every fan base of every sports team EVER have a percentage of them that are classless. Quit acting like the Gophers are the exception.

Not trying to pick a fight here at all, but if you knew what Wheeler said to Finley in the handshake line, you'd do what Finley would have too. I'll leave it at that.

I will expand your post. When someone says something about someone you love very much with a developmental disorder, some people snap. I know I would.

There's a big difference between "cheap" and "physical." examples of cheap: Westrum, Schaack, Prpich, Canady physical: MacWilliam, Greene, Oshie, Commodore..... i can't think of any guys for your team. ;)

To me the definition of a "pussy" would be the biggest hack on UND(Blood) picking a fight with the smallest Gopher(Rau) during handshakes. Biggest pussy move I've seen in years.

So with your comment about the refs, since I worked in TV if you can't name the source it never really happened. So i will just go with that you are making !@#$ up as you go. Go Sioux!

7 is always greater then 5!!!!!!!!

There's a big difference between "cheap" and "physical." examples of cheap: Westrum, Schaack, Prpich, Canady physical: MacWilliam, Greene, Oshie, Commodore..... i can't think of any guys for your team. ;)

Westrum was dirtiest player I've ever seen play college hockey. Great talent but he was actually dangerous at times.

Westrum was dirtiest player I've ever seen play college hockey. Great talent but he was actually dangerous at times.

hey, we agree on something! :lol: So, do you think UND as a whole is "cheap" or "physical?" i'm only asking since you pointed out that every fan base would argue that UND is cheap.

i know someone that is good friends with him and Westrum himself admits it with pride.

To take that further.... i have Gopher fans that label UND as cheap hacks but when i mention Westrum, they smile, laugh, and take pride in the fact that MN had a guy like that. the contradiction is what frustrates me in this argument.

It is pretty clear Lucia senses that he is in over his head and his actions seem to confirm this. He is very insecure and I really believe this played into the level of opposition shown by umtc towards the sioux moniker. I think um was more interested in hurting ND recruiting than protecting native american feelings. Add in the sioux tendency to, at times, embarrass the ground squirrels in high profile games as well as the superior facilities in nodak and you start to see what motivates Donald Lucia. And lets not forget the painful and public call-out of his ability as a coach:

"New York Islanders General Manager Garth Snow on Thursday criticized Don Lucia's coaching, saying that was the reason sophomore Kyle Okposo is leaving the Gophers hockey program and negotiating a contract with the Islanders."Quite frankly, we weren't happy with the program there," Snow said in a telephone interview. "They have a responsibility to coach, to make Kyle a better player, and they were not doing that."

• Upvote 1

I see how you only refer to second pic of the Sioux fan flipping the bird. I agree with you EVERY fanbase has fans like that. But does every program have a coach who's flipped off a ref?

I can guarantee you that Lucia has said less then flattering things to refs, it is not all please and thanks you's. I am sure he has dropped an f-bomb or two on the refs and probably even flipped them off, the difference is Hak got caught.

It is pretty clear Lucia senses that he is in over his head and his actions seem to confirm this. He is very insecure and I really believe this played into the level of opposition shown by umtc towards the sioux moniker. I think um was more interested in hurting ND recruiting than protecting native american feelings. Add in the sioux tendency to, at times, embarrass the ground squirrels in high profile games as well as the superior facilities in nodak and you start to see what motivates Donald Lucia. And lets not forget the painful and public call-out of his ability as a coach:

"New York Islanders General Manager Garth Snow on Thursday criticized Don Lucia's coaching, saying that was the reason sophomore Kyle Okposo is leaving the Gophers hockey program and negotiating a contract with the Islanders."Quite frankly, we weren't happy with the program there," Snow said in a telephone interview. "They have a responsibility to coach, to make Kyle a better player, and they were not doing that."

Ow...harsh.

LMAO You're using Garth Snow as a source? Garth Snow? hahahahahaha

O.K., on one hand you say that the refs don't have any conspiracy against UND then you say they go around talking about UND players as psycho's. I guess I would like to know what player they said that about, because I think just about every player in the league is just a normal college student who plays hockey. Sure there are a few oddballs, but that goes the same for every team. You can't tell me that Demarchi and Hirsch wouldn't fall into the little off category.

O.K., on one hand you say that the refs don't have any conspiracy against UND then you say they go around talking about UND players as psycho's. I guess I would like to know what player they said that about, because I think just about every player in the league is just a normal college student who plays hockey. Sure there are a few oddballs, but that goes the same for every team. You can't tell me that Demarchi and Hirsch wouldn't fall into the little off category.

Hirsch has had his own demons/issues, Demarchi doesn't belong in that same sentence one bit. Hell Demarchi is the last tough player umtc has had. He just followed Lucia there from CC where he originally commited. Demarchi would have been a hell of a sioux which he wanted to be when younger

Crush the gophs and Lucia is a fukn idiot for saying what he did about the rivalry needing to cool off. seriously PR 101 even if thats how you feel just shut up, what a dumbass.

I will add that if you go into a series with the premise that UND is the dirtiest team, then what do you think you are going to get out of it. I would challenge you to go up and down UND's lineup and tell me who you think is dirty. If the refs are going on reputation from the past, then they are being impartial -- plain and simple. So which one do you want to go with, no conspiracy against the Sioux, or refs think they are the dirtiest team in the league?

Hirsch has had his own demons/issues, Demarchi doesn't belong in that same sentence one bit. Hell Demarchi is the last tough player umtc has had. He just followed Lucia there from CC where he originally commited. Demarchi would have been a hell of a sioux which he wanted to be when younger

Crush the gophs!

Demarchi might be one of the sole reasons that there was attention drawn to checking from behind. He might have had more than anybody in college hockey. If it happens a few times o.k., if it happens consistently, it's called dirty.

I was at that game and I would have to give the nod to Big Ben but I guess we can agree to disagree. :) Gophs won that 6-3 after getting throttled the night before.

Really, you would give the nod to Big Ben? Have the fight on tape, and he didn't do anything, except when Hakstol motioned to take off their masks, Hankinson balked.

Figured the post would come to this. Can't imagine College refs wasting their time discussing college teams with fans but I suppose some of them are that stupid. Officials are not supposed to make those remarks even if they are true. For some reason I doubt that the Mariucci "Doood" is a respected sports fan who an intelligent ref would want to sit and have a beer with. It is a no win situation for the ref. Too many of these guys are half in the bag and too unpredictable. I would take his bet if I could bet that hockey fans across the country will typically pick their rival as the "cheapest" team. Doesn't matter because it is irrelevant.

This is one of the greatest college sports rivalries. Big city, big University, long storied hockey tradition for the school and for the state. Next door smaller school, state population less than metro area also with long storied hockey tradition. They go up against each other for the same recruits. Both schools have had cheap shot artists (not sure if I recall any worse than Burgraff) but the Gophers have had just as many. Both schools have obnoxious fans and both have great fans. Both schools have had coaches say or do dumb-ass stuff over the years. I hope this thread doesn't continue with the crap about whose team has a goon or who started whcih altercation. Who the hell cares? If we aren't competing on the ice, it is all irrelevant.

I believe that Wisconsin's Alvarez is as responsible as anyone for the breakup of the WCHA. I believe he sees the Big 10 as a vehicle for more TV revenue and I believe he thinks it will hurt UND, Denver, Duluth and CC. If he can hurt those schools, then he thinks it will benefit the Badgers. I believe Lucia sees an opportunity to hurt UND's schedule by not scheduling UND. I don't believe there are Gopher players who don't want to continue the rivalry. That is what competitors want, to always measure up against the best. The Sioux and Gophers are two of the best. The games between these teams are typically sold out are are great for college hockey. The only reason I see for Lucia to stop the rivalry is to hurt UND. True hockey fans on both sides want to see the rivalry continue.