SiouxSports.com Forum

National Midget Tourney This Week

jk

Yes, Speez, it was a lousy vacation.  Not that I'd expect to carry great karma around with all the negativity I've been spewing on these boards! :)

Anyway, I got sick on day 2 of a week long trip.  Yuck.

I expect a lot from UND's hockey program.  Sometimes, when I see the postings on this board, there seems to be an aweful lot of "don't expect too much."  

P.S.  Didn't mean to take your posting out of context, Dagies.  I just used it to spring into a wider comment.

But I think Kevin led USHL in goals in playoffs his second year in Omaha and Jason score 31 goals his second year in Green Bay so I am sure they can score. We need to find two guys to go with Bochenski who can work and set him up and get the puck to him and finish when teams take him away.

HKNTSMN, I have been watching R Hale this past year and he reminds me of Bayda, as far as he seems very strong on the puck and in the corners.  I haven't really been able to evaluate his shot (what the heck do I know about that?).  But I was thinking if he played with a guy like Fournier or Parise he might put up some surprising numbers this next year?

Patience was to let that freshman class mature. If you didn't see a different group of freshmen on the ice from October 5 to March 9 you weren't paying attention.

Freshmen need to learn and adjust to the speed and size of the WCHA. It takes time and .... patience.

Parise will need the same patience next fall as will Greene and Marvin. Quinn Fylling will get less patience because of his past experience. Genoway will be somewhere in between because of a year of practice at that level, but without the game competition.

The moral of the story is: last year half the team on the ice were freshmen. This year there will be four or five at most per night. Going from 10 to 5 or less is a big deal. Ten calls for great patience.

That time for patience is rapidly coming to a close because the majority of the team is no longer inexperienced. Soon arrives the time to perform, skate or sit if you will. That time will be here in October.