SiouxSports.com Forum

Vikings

Fetch

Lacy is a dude. Absolute dude. If the Vikes didn't have AP I'd be screaming at them for passing on him.

Watch the SEC championship and the national championship game and tell me he wasn't the best player on the field.

Agree. IMO part of a solid D is keeping your offense on the field. There wasn't a team in the NFL that threw the ball more on 3rd and 1 (or 2) then GB. It's great to score on an 80 yard 5 play drive but sometimes you need to grind out a 1st down or a long sustained drive.

Last nights first round could make Spielman look like a genius with a big ol set if the players all make huge impacts and develope properly. If they bust he's gonna look like a moron and it will set the Vikings back for years like when they whiffed on Williamson and James in 2005.

I could be wrong but Floyd looks like he is a potential day 1 starter and Rhodes is a guy that gives them, at the very least, added depth in the secondary and will get on the field as the third or forth DB. Patterson probably has the biggest bust factor of the three but he does give them some interesting options for special teams and certain sets on offense, like lining up in the backfield somewhat similar to what they did with Harvin.

Oh and Ed Lacey reminds me of Ron Dayne.

I could be wrong but Floyd looks like he is a potential day 1 starter and Rhodes is a guy that gives them, at the very least, added depth in the secondary and will get on the field as the third or forth DB. Patterson probably has the biggest bust factor of the three but he does give them some interesting options for special teams and certain sets on offense, like lining up in the backfield somewhat similar to what they did with Harvin.

Oh and Ed Lacey reminds me of Ron Dayne.

I actually think Rhodes is going to be the No. 1 corner from the get go for the Vikes........but I'm not expert :)

I'm happy overall with the picks. Had to get a kick returner, had to get a big body to play next to Kevin in the middle. I'm just terrified about the linebacker situation. Guess there is a lot of draft to go, but I was surprised that of the three picks not one was a linebacker.

Agree. IMO part of a solid D is keeping your offense on the field. There wasn't a team in the NFL that threw the ball more on 3rd and 1 (or 2) then GB. It's great to score on an 80 yard 5 play drive but sometimes you need to grind out a 1st down or a long sustained drive.

And the pack gets Lacy anyways. They just got better on offense....did they need to get better?

And the pack gets Lacy anyways. They just got better on offense....did they need to get better?

Wow...drops that far!! He'll make a difference. Name the last team to have 100 yard rusher? Hopefully that changes early on this season.

Wow...drops that far!! He'll make a difference. Name the last team to have 100 yard rusher? Hopefully that changes early on this season.

Well, and add to that he had Nick Saban as a coach so you know he hasn't been coached at all.... :silly:

Green Bay will win the division anyways. I think Lacy is a steal where they got him.

Well, and add to that he had Nick Saban as a coach so you know he hasn't been coached at all.... :silly:

Green Bay will win the division anyways. I think Lacy is a steal where they got him.

Someone is going to get a real steal and special teams demon whenever Mafia Man comes off the board!!

The Vikings decide that its better to have a punter then a number of other far more talented athletes. A Punter instead of a Theo Riddick....yeah....stupid. I don't care if Kluwe is a giant douche who nobody likes. You can find a punter anywhere.

• 3 weeks later...