SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ NOTRE DAME - Friday

AZSIOUX

NIce to see the goals in HD and everything, but it's too bad Notre Dame didn't show more actual highlights from the game. Half the video is them complaining about not getting a free goal.

Anders Lee could've got to that puck a little quicker(before the ref blew the whistle), but he didn't. That's hockey.

Still, that's a goal.

Still, that's a goal.

It's a goal if the ref is standing directly behind Saunders, he wasn't. They only person that knew that was a loose puck was Lee and why it took him that extra millisecond to react to it I do not know. There is a very good reason why refs blow the whistle when they no longer can see the puck... we have been screwed on it many times too so I for one will not be losing any sleep over this call.

If we get outshot 2-1 again today, it will be an Irish blowout. UND, no pun intended, is skating on thin ice with it's lack off offensive puck possession and overall poor defensive play. Good win yesterday but this type play is not conducive to continual winning. Hands down Clark is our MVP to date.

We have to find a way to take Lee out of the game tonight. He is clearly their go-to guy. If we can man up on him and effectively negate his impact on the game, we will likely be OK. I don't think we will be out shot 2:1 tonight. Then again, we can't count on Saunders to save our backside like that all the time.....

At any rate,should be a good game tonight!

GO SIOUX!!!

Good win. Call me crazy, but I didn't think the play was terrible in our own zone. They gave up a lot of shots, but they kept the puck on the perimeter pretty well, and many of those shots were easy saves. Not to say Saunders didn't play extemely well--he did. But they played as well in the D zone as they did in the O zone, where they had very little extended possession. Kristo is really playing well in all phases of the game, including PK. I like that Mac is usually good for a few good hits, but the guy takes too many penalties that have nothing to do with big hits. But they got it done against a good team in their own rink--that's about all you can ask of them.

???....we must not have been watching the same game. Agreed however on the big win.

It's a goal if the ref is standing directly behind Saunders, he wasn't. They only person that knew that was a loose puck was Lee and why it took him that extra millisecond to react to it I do not know. There is a very good reason why refs blow the whistle when they no longer can see the puck... we have been screwed on it many times too so I for one will not be losing any sleep over this call.

I agree if the whistle is blown the play is dead, we have had more than one goal called off because the ref said he meant to blow the play dead but hadn't - that call drives me crazy ..... I don't feel bad about the goal last nite being disallowed :)

Not a very classy post-game interview by Jeff Jackson if you ask me, specifically his response to the waved-off goal. We've been on the wrong end of plenty of those calls, and it seems like Hakstol usually deflects the discussion to other areas of the game.

I agree that a coach should be a little classier than that after a tough loss, especially since he said he could plainly see the puck was loose. That's BS, there is one person that knew that puck was loose and that was Lee, as he was the only one in position to see it. On the other hand if you are upset with the refs, complaining about them post game is a h3ll of a lot classier than flicking them off on live t.v.

If we get outshot 2-1 again today, it will be an Irish blowout. UND, no pun intended, is skating on thin ice with it's lack off offensive puck possession and overall poor defensive play. Good win yesterday but this type play is not conducive to continual winning. Hands down Clark is our MVP to date.

Agreed. Good thing Saunders had 2 years training in getting tons of rubber thrown at him each night. :) have to be the aggressor tonight on the forecheck, win puck battles, and establish own cycle game. Spent way too much time in our own zone the last couple of weeks. Gotta find some grit, which is weird to say since its been the fabric of every team the last 10 years. Sweep would be sweet!

I agree that a coach should be a little classier than that after a tough loss, especially since he said he could plainly see the puck was loose. That's BS, there is one person that knew that puck was loose and that was Lee, as he was the only one in position to see it. On the other hand if you are upset with the refs, complaining about them post game is a h3ll of a lot classier than flicking them off on live t.v.

giving the finger is way better....lol

Talk about an awful call.....wow. Great camera angle to see how wrong the official was.

Then again, Notre Dame isn't on the powerplay if he doesn't make a different awful call two minutes earlier.

I agree on the second part. on the first part, should it have been a goal-yes. however from where the official was standing he couldn't see the puck and be blew the whistle-end of play(correct call). if the official is standing 3 more feet to his right he probably sees the whole thing and we have a tie game, but from where he was standing it is the correct call.

I agree on the second part. on the first part, should it have been a goal-yes. however from where the official was standing he couldn't see the puck and be blew the whistle-end of play(correct call). if the official is standing 3 more feet to his right he probably sees the whole thing and we have a tie game, but from where he was standing it is the correct call.

He was right to blow the whistle given the circumstances. I think where he ends up being at fault is not finding a better position around the goal to find the puck.

Then again, it all could of been a wash had he called CFB on Simpson earlier.

The only camera angle that could "see" the puck was looking right down the end line, so Jackson saying he saw it is BS. The only person including Saunders who knew where the puck went was Lee because he was standing right there watching it fall off of (eventually) Saunders right leg.

If the ref would have been behind the goal or on the other side it would have been a goal, but he wasn't and lost sight and called it dead like he is supposed to, not the right outcome but it happens for and against every team eventually and this time it benefitted us so...that's hockey.

Sometimes you catch a break, sometimes you get screwed, it's the nature of sports.

• Upvote 2