SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. UMD

AZSIOUX

I am thinking it is time to jumble the lines up a bit.

They need to do something with that top line to get it rolling. Both Kristo and Knight need to get some serious puck luck going. As does Grimaldi...how many posts have those three hit so far this season? If Parks can make it back into the lineup, that would do a ton to help spread the wealth a bit. I wouldn't be opposed to putting Grimaldi on that top line with Kristo and Knight...sure it would stack the heck out of the talent, but I think the rest of the guys aren't slouches either. Guys like Easy Mac, OD, Rowney, Gaarder, etc have been putting the puck in the net too. That's not even including Parks, who hopefully can skate this weekend.

Time to get that top line going and hopefully they can maintain momentum then if separated down the line...

We can't score and we play awful in Grand Forks. I'll be surprised if this was anything but a UND sweep. :(

Sandbagging for the dogs already? I can't see UND pull off a sweep with how their Saturday night effort has been. Not only that but as others have said...just don't see UMD dropping 4 games in a row.

If UMD is down as some suggest, this would be the weekend IMO to put Rocco up on the top line. Rowney IMO needs to center the 2nd line with Easy Mac going back to wing.

It's not like this squad is lighting it up offensively. Rocco can fly and so can Kristo. That is just a total mismatch for anyone.

If UMD is down as some suggest, this would be the weekend IMO to put Rocco up on the top line. Rowney IMO needs to center the 2nd line with Easy Mac going back to wing.

It's not like this squad is lighting it up offensively. Rocco can fly and so can Kristo. That is just a total mismatch for anyone.

I, too, would really like to see this for an entire game/weekend. Like you said, the team isn't lighting up the scoreboard right now and Hak seems to like to experiment in October/November.

UND is going to dominate the weekend like a tennis match: 6-1, 6-1. Let's pump it up in here!!!!! :cool:

I think this could be a weekend where some players come out of their funk. Just think if Rocco Grimaldi and Danny Kristo stopped hitting pipes.

I am making my first trip to the Ralph in over a year for the game on Saturday. I'm bringing my two sisters. The Sioux are undefeated at games my sisters attend.

I'm feeling good about this weekend! :)

Bringing friends from Mandan up to GF for their first trip ever to the Ralph. I sure hope the home team gives us a hell of a show!

I think this could be a weekend where some players come out of their funk. Just think if Rocco Grimaldi and Danny Kristo stopped hitting pipes.

We know it's going to happen...it's just a matter of when, right? We could probably lump Knight into that category as well. This team has done quite well considering they have had what some could consider mediocre production from the top guns to date. Good sign of depth.

i have some time and will get these numbers in a hour or two. i used to do this stuff everday so im happy to look this up out of curiousity.

Anyone know what UND's Saturday record before Christmas is under Hakstol? Seems to be a familiar pattern.

some poor team is gonna get a 7 spot hung on them one of these weekends, might as well be this weekend. I know it's early but we need a 4 point weekend just to avoid falling too far back inthe standings.

If they can't break through with a sweep this weekend, I fear they might very well end up within 1 game of

.500 by Christmas because with road games at Notre Dame, CC and Tech I don't know if a sweep is a sure thing, and Denver here could be another split. Surely the Sioux could sweep any of those weekends, but if they don't have the urgency now, will they then? Sometimes I think the team thinks it's a badge of honor to make their second half run, and that it is a given every year. We know with how tight the Pairwise gets in the second half, that there are no guarantees and it will take once coming up just shy for the fans to voice their displeasure more than they do now. I think fans have been conditioned for the second half run, which makes them accept some subpar performances the first half.

I seem to remember some year, about five years ago maybe, where every home series was "win on Friday, lose on Saturday" and every road series was "lose on Friday, win on Saturday". That went on for five or six weeks in a row, I think.

that was the first half of the 07-08 season it lasted all the way through first week of january until we had a home series against tech the second week of january and swept them and proceeded to go on a 18 or 19 game unbeaten streak after that.