SiouxSports.com Forum

Do we need a "Where to Watch" forum?

The Sicatoka

My personal opinion is that's part of the pregame tied to each sport. E.g. part of the leadup to a road hockey game in Minnesota will always include where to go, where to gather in Minneapolis, where to watch in other cities. My instinct is that people want to see that as part of the pregame discussion.

Of course, there is precedent to the contrary -- we broke "Tickets wanted / for sale" out, though it arguably has the same characteristics, because the threads were just so voluminous that they drowned out other conversation.

I feel like "where to watch" isn't there yet, and the threads are easily skippable, but if I'm on the wrong side of public opinion I could be swayed.

• 3 weeks later...

A where to watch around the country thread might not be a bad idea. Here is why I think so. Maybe people stumble across this site looking for that kind of information and since you run a great informative board it could be another public service. Not so much for the regular posters but for the wandering people looking for a way/place to watch the games. Just a thought. Heck you google Sioux sports and you are always at the top.

I agree. I recently had a buddy who was driving across South Dakota call me and ask if I knew where Sioux fans met to watch games in Rapid City. Right then I thought of the same idea....that it would be nice to have a forum covering that. You need more than a thread because locations will get lost in a thread. You need a link to a page that collects all of this, or you need a forum where each thread can cover a particular city, etc.

I agree. I recently had a buddy who was driving across South Dakota call me and ask if I knew where Sioux fans met to watch games in Rapid City. Right then I thought of the same idea....that it would be nice to have a forum covering that. You need more than a thread because locations will get lost in a thread. You need a link to a page that collects all of this, or you need a forum where each thread can cover a particular city, etc.

Not if you had a header like you have for tickets, etc that people could see easily. Dags you are the only guy who can do it. I have contacted the alumni foundation 3 times about where to go in Phoenix and they still list a bar that is closed. Simply if you do not create a spot on this board no one ever will. Obi Wan you are our only hope.

• 2 months later...

My personal opinion is that's part of the pregame tied to each sport. E.g. part of the leadup to a road hockey game in Minnesota will always include where to go, where to gather in Minneapolis, where to watch in other cities. My instinct is that people want to see that as part of the pregame discussion.

Of course, there is precedent to the contrary -- we broke "Tickets wanted / for sale" out, though it arguably has the same characteristics, because the threads were just so voluminous that they drowned out other conversation.

I feel like "where to watch" isn't there yet, and the threads are easily skippable, but if I'm on the wrong side of public opinion I could be swayed.

JIm......Please reconsider. Road weekends are the worst. Same questions are asked over and over because answers get buried. We need this!!!
  • Upvote 1