SiouxSports.com Forum

"Cupcake" Christmas Tourney

MinnesotaNorthStar

With Brown ranked #12 (#7 on INCH) while boasting the best goalie in the country (Yann Danis, .953 SV% 1.5 GAA) and Findlay who beat poll vote-getter (#19 on INCH) Michigan St., is it really as easy a tournament as previously thought by everyone? I say no. I would imagine we'll play Brown in the championship game and Danis will certainly be a test as his numbers are better than Coole's who held us to one goal, even though he recently got lit up for 6 goals in 35 shots against Colgate.

Don't forget we beat this guy last year Danis let in 5 goals on 30 shots. Lundbohm had three assits and Bochenski had 4 goals. Look for a big effort from those two guys again.

Also, Findlay and WSC are not world beaters and UND should be fine. I have faith UND will be fine.

Playing the #1 team in the nation should motivate stars like Danis to be on top of their game. The Sioux cannot afford to look at this tournament as a much needed break from the rigors of WCHA competition. Rather they must regard it as a test of will. I'm sure that CB will have his players ready. I doubt the word cupcake has been mentioned anywhere near the Sioux locker room.

Danis has also let in 9 goals (I forget to whom). I'm not too worried about them. They've proven that they have depth this year, and even if Danis is the best goalie in the nation the team playing around him tells more of a tale that he does.

Reichmuth has also had some bad games this year. Hopefully that does not mean they have Michael Ayers syndrome. A 1.5 GAA is good, but even better on a team like Brown, where the talent around him is thin. Goaltending starts with confidence. If you can beat Danis early, the game may get out of hand, but if he gets off to a hot start, it may be a close 1-2 goal affair.

Learned something big today.

$25 for a day pass (2 games) and $40 for a tourney pass (All games).

I got hooked up with tickets both days so I'll be there for both Saturday games and Sunday late afternoon game. Won't make the early afternnon game because of family time. But anyways... I'm in Section 109 Row Q

Learned something big today.

$25 for a day pass (2 games) and $40 for a tourney pass (All games).

I got hooked up with tickets both days so I'll be there for both Saturday games and Sunday late afternoon game. Won't make the early afternnon game because of family time. But anyways... I'm in Section 109 Row Q

Depression city.

I lost the tickets. It is a long story but it ends up me giving them up out of the kindness of my heart.

So I am back to square one on seats. I pray I'll be able to get into the lower bowl when the ticket office opens up on Friday. Otherwise, I'm again SOL.

Section 109 :);)

Damned Christmas spirit and absolute (to a point) stupidity)

Sad in Fargo.

Well then, UND pulls out a close win..... :)

I think for the most part that UND looked past Findlay. I was watching the game with a friend, and I said that it would be good for UND if Findlay scored here to wake UND up a little bit, sure enough Findlay scored, UND woke up, and Wilbur's a prophet..... ;)

PS: JPar has still not lost a game in his Freshman season.....WCHA Rookie of the year nominee at least??

Sioux will have to lose to Findlay to face Danis, as Wayne State has just beaten Brown 3-2 in OT.

Nice tip in by the Brown Defenseman into his own net, I wasn't impressed with Brown or Wayne State. What a brutal game to watch. Must have been like 300 people in the arena for most of the game.

Findlay, yawn. I hope tomorrows game is more fun to watch. UND looked rusty and got it going the last half of the third period. I think if UND would have played one more period it would have been 6-1...

Does anyone know if we are going to have a X-mas tourney next season?

I suppose with the World Junior Tourney we may end up having a Thanksgiving tourney or have UND traveling to one somewhere else.

They continue to call it the Annual Subway Holiday Classic, which makes it sound like it will continue. Not sure when it would be held next year with the WJC in town. Sounds like a good call-in question for this weeks coach's show.