SiouxSports.com Forum

Jameer Jackson

bincitysioux

FCS trio joins Jerry Rice Award Watch List

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/index.htm

Jameer Jackson, North Dakota, Wide Receiver, 6-3, 233 - Jackson has terrific size for a wide receiver. He has emerged as a playmaker behind UND standout Greg Hardin, catching 33 passes for 453 yards and six touchdowns in his first seven games. Against nationally ranked Northern Arizona, Jackson reeled in six passes for 105 yards and two touchdowns.

It is deffinitely going to be great to have Jameer and Galladay for 3 more years!! Probably the happiest person to see them around for 3 more years is Joe Mollberg!!

Don't forget about the other freshman. I've heard Fletcher is the real deal and has a great work ethic. Expect him to be a beast.

Wide receiver should continue to be a team strength for the next few years, now lets just hope Mollberg is the real deal.

They will be. After Hardin and McGill are gone we will have Jackson, Bridges, Golladay, Fletcher, Oliver, and probably the next crop added on. Thats 3 6-3 guys a 6-4 guy and a 5-8 guy. Great size and playmaking ability along with a super quick slot guy who will make people miss. Hopefully they recruit a guy or two with breakaway speed to compliment these guys. I'm more worried about the defense our offense will be great for years.

They will be. After Hardin and McGill are gone we will have Jackson, Bridges, Golladay, Fletcher, Oliver, and probably the next crop added on. Thats 3 6-3 guys a 6-4 guy and a 5-8 guy. Great size and playmaking ability along with a super quick slot guy who will make people miss. Hopefully they recruit a guy or two with breakaway speed to compliment these guys. I'm more worried about the defense our offense will be great for years.

As much criticism that Mussman has received, one has to give his staff credit for the recruited WR talent in the pipeline. UND is just loaded. Fletcher, Oliver, and Young would probably start for some FCS teams. Now more than ever, UND needs that indoor practice center to these games can work with the QBs over the winter.

With Ivery moved to DB, could McGill be moved there too?

16 Bridges, Romon WR 5-8 154 RFr. Stockton, Calif. (Edison High School)

82 Brown, Pat WR 5-11 166 RFr. North Pole, Alaska (Eielson High School)

80 Fletcher, Anthony WR 6-3 195 Fr. Goodyear, Ariz. (Desert Edge High School)

19 Golladay, Kenny WR 6-4 185 Fr. Chicago, Ill. (St. Rita of Cascia High School)

84 Hardin, Greg WR 5-11 167 Jr. Bellevue, Neb. (Bellevue West High School)

80 Heimler, Jon WR 6-3 201 Sr. Colfax, Wis. (Menomonie High School)

1 Ivery, Tyrhe WR 6-1 169 So. Garland, Texas (Garland High School)

83 Jackson, Jameer WR 6-3 233 RFr. Brooklyn Park, Minn. (Osseo High School)

5 McGill, R.J. WR 5-10 170 Jr. Phoenix, Ariz. (St. Mary's High School)

18 Oliver, Zach WR 6-3 190 Fr. Omaha, Neb. (Harry A. Burke High School)

86 Townsend, Blair WR 6-3 217 Jr. Coon Rapids, Minn. (Coon Rapids High School)

87 Young, Casey WR 6-2 198 RFr. Aurora, Colo. (Regis Jesuit High School)

McGill is too valuable at WR. He is probably my favorite to watch because he is as hard nosed as they come and really does everything at WR you could ask even with him being on the small side. He is the perfect slot WR and I can't wait until he gets back.

McGill is too valuable at WR. He is probably my favorite to watch because he is as hard nosed as they come and really does everything at WR you could ask even with him being on the small side. He is the perfect slot WR and I can't wait until he gets back.

Hard nosed is what we need at the DB position. Jackson, Galloway, and Townsend tower over most FCS DB's. The performance with those three and Hardin vs Montana speaks for itself. Next year, UND will have even more depth at WR so it's possible McGill won't get much PT.

Sounds like Mollberg is the man going forward with Bartels as the main competition. Don't they almost have to bring in a JUCO QB next season simply for depth concerns? We'll be going from two seniors, to 3 freshman plus any true freshman that come in next fall.

As good as the recruiting has been the last few seasons at virtually every offensive postion, it is a bit alarming that North Dakota has also lost 3 QB's to attrition in that time..................

Hard nosed is what we need at the DB position. Jackson, Galloway, and Townsend tower over most FCS DB's. The performance with those three and Hardin vs Montana speaks for itself. Next year, UND will have even more depth at WR so it's possible McGill won't get much PT.

McGill will start. He's always open and run outstanding routes. It's a no brainer. The depth will only push the young guys to be better and in turn the next guys and the next guys. It's how it should be at every position.

McGill will start. He's always open and run outstanding routes. It's a no brainer. The depth will only push the young guys to be better and in turn the next guys and the next guys. It's how it should be at every position.

Agree.

McGill has been very good. I believe he played as a true freshman as well, so basically he had a year of potential outstanding productivity wasted.

However, given his injury and the emergence of Golladay as a true frosh, his senior year probably won't be what he and we all expected as far as numbers go.

Side note: I noticed during the Montana game that the two best tacklers for North Dakota are Tyrhe Ivery and Shea Walker........................... :crazy:

Side note: I noticed during the Montana game that the two best tacklers for North Dakota are Tyrhe Ivery and Shea Walker........................... :crazy:

Well, with Ivery now in the secondary, that is a good thing now. That play he made stopping that HB swing pass was very good. I was impressed with the way he played for a guy that just made the switch. I have a bold predicition that he could be in a starting spot or playing significant minutes when we get to UNC. At this rate, with a good offseason, we could have 1 less worry on defense, especially in the secondary.

According to Tom Miller, it was Ivery who approached the coaching staff about him switching to defense. Gotta love that. He showed flashes last year that he could be contibutor on offense at the "glamour" position but was willing to make the move to get minutes and help the team where it has a need. He's now probably the best athlete in the secondary, just need to prove that he can handle the schemes and assignments week in and week out..............

• Upvote 1

According to Tom Miller, it was Ivery who approached the coaching staff about him switching to defense. Gotta love that. He showed flashes last year that he could be contibutor on offense at the "glamour" position but was willing to make the move to get minutes and help the team where it has a need. He's now probably the best athlete in the secondary, just need to prove that he can handle the schemes and assignments week in and week out..............

He learned the offense so defense will be cake by comparison

That tackle that Shea Walker made was very impressive. Did anyone notice I don't remember who did and but they made a key tackle behind the line of scrimmage which was good but the way they tackled the defender was just pathetic. He came flying in with his hands tied behind his back and just stuck his shoulder into him. I was very disappointed.

Sounds like Mollberg is the man going forward with Bartels as the main competition. Don't they almost have to bring in a JUCO QB next season simply for depth concerns? We'll be going from two seniors, to 3 freshman plus any true freshman that come in next fall.

As good as the recruiting has been the last few seasons at virtually every offensive postion, it is a bit alarming that North Dakota has also lost 3 QB's to attrition in that time..................

IMO Braden Hanson is the best pure passer UND has ever had (for me thats going back to the Kurt Otto days of the 80's). Can we expect Mollberg and/or Bartels to do the same, probably not but I hope we don't expect them to throw for over 400 yards. Is this the new UND offense (pass, pass, pass) or do we go back to the traditional run, run, run team. Those new kids have big shoes to fill next season and its good we get a practice game (that counts in DI wins) in Valpo. Valpo is winless so hopefully they can get the bugs out before the big guns come to the Alerus in South Dakota St and Montana before conference games start.

I think Molberg will be more similar to Hendrickson than to Hanson in the fact that he'll bring some mobility to the position. I watched two of his games last year at Detroit Lakes and he also has some touch on the short to intermediate routes and is pretty accurate so maybe he'll be a combination of the two. I'm also kind of excited about Bartels. He had some offers from MVFC schools and was pretty highly rated within IL. We already had Molberg signed when he committed so the coaching staff must have seen something in him as well. I'm hoping those two push each other as only good can come out of that. Next year its wide open and the best man will win.

It might be a little unconventional but I'm not sure I want to bring in another quarterback. We're going to have one of the best receiving corps in the country next season so they'll likely cover up some of the inexperience at the QB position. That puts either Molberg or Bartels in a much better position than most freshmen quarterbacks. Whichever one wins the job would likely be starting for 4 years. One of the big differences I see between the football and hockey programs is that this community knows who the hockey players are, they know who the stars are. That's not necessarily the case for football. A four year starter at the highest profile position could bring football to that level. We haven't had a "face of the program" type of guy since Freund and Dressler. Unless a guy as good as Hanson wants to drop down and play for a year, let's let one of these guys be that franchise quarterback that puts us on the FCS map and brings UND football back to where it should be.

They're going to bring in at least one qb. You can't get by with only two QBs on scholarship. Hanson would be a third body but not a realistic option. They need at least one FR or a transfer this year to add depth. I have full confidence that Mollberg will be the man. He's got a really strong arm but has the ability to change speeds when he needs and has great touch. Not accurate like Hanson yet but he certainly could be, after all ESPN rated Mollberg as a 74 and rated Hanson as a 73 coming out of highschool, and that's with Mollberg playing in a run first scheme. The kid is already built like a Mac truck for a FR QB and will be able to physically handle it right away.