SiouxSports.com Forum

Summit League Changes Names......Of Their Member Schools

UNDvince97-01

Oh. That stings. That hurts so badly. Or not.

Hey, this team this week on NDSU's schedule, do they also have an 80-game losing streak in their history like PVA&M?

Now to point, what would be worse:

Losing the "Bison" name to NCAA zealots or being forced back to "North Dakota Agricultural College" by the Summit League?

There's the better comparison.

Don't think there is a need to worry about either one of those.

Oh. That stings. That hurts so badly. Or not.

Hey, this team this week on NDSU's schedule, do they also have an 80-game losing streak in their history like PVA&M?

Now to point, what would be worse:

Losing the "Bison" name to NCAA zealots or being forced back to "North Dakota Agricultural College" by the Summit League?

There's the better comparison.

I bet they could beat something called the school of Mines

The NC$$ changed our NICKNAME.

The Summit League changed the SCHOOL NAMES of their member institutions.

Who does Fargo University play this week? UV?

I believe they just changed what it will say on the tickers and schedules. I don't see a problem with calling UMKC, Kansas City. Same with Fort Wayne.

That's one we'll never live down, and deservedly so. That was the low point of the transition, and a much needed wake up call. Kind of like our Youngstown vs. Michigan.

It was App vs. Michigan. Point taken though.

lots of other leagues have been doing this for a while. The mac calls suny-buffalo just buffalo, uwgb goes by greenbay, utc goes by chattanooga.

I think it's funny that people in the big sky think that being in a bottom half basketball league that they are stuck in is a good thing. Aside from UM and weber state, noone in that league has a shot of going anywhere else, and are so lightly regarded that boise and sdsu never even considered putting their olympic sports there, and Idaho only did because noone else wanted them. At least summit teams have the opportunity periodically to move up. !@#$ the big-east is only a way-station league, would UND stick up it's nose at the big east as well? I mean who cares about RPI anyway?

the best thing is that if UND would join the summit, you suddenly have a stable 7 team core, mostly on the I-29 corridor, composed of 5 similar state schools, plus uno and wiu. Add the indiana schools and you've got basically everything needed to be a solid league.

lots of other leagues have been doing this for a while. The mac calls suny-buffalo just buffalo, uwgb goes by greenbay, utc goes by chattanooga.

I think it's funny that people in the big sky think that being in a bottom half basketball league that they are stuck in is a good thing. Aside from UM and weber state, noone in that league has a shot of going anywhere else, and are so lightly regarded that boise and sdsu never even considered putting their olympic sports there, and Idaho only did because noone else wanted them. At least summit teams have the opportunity periodically to move up. !@#$ the big-east is only a way-station league, would UND stick up it's nose at the big east as well? I mean who cares about RPI anyway?

the best thing is that if UND would join the summit, you suddenly have a stable 7 team core, mostly on the I-29 corridor, composed of 5 similar state schools, plus uno and wiu. Add the indiana schools and you've got basically everything needed to be a solid league.

uh huh....

It's the same cotton-picking talking point every single time....."But we have a better Men's Basketball RPI rating and that's what really matters!" :silly: The Summit is a conference for teams with no better options. Would UND have settled for the Summit if the Big Sky didn't open their doors? Yes. Am I glad we didn't have to? Heck Yes! You guys should really work on getting into the Missouri Valley Conference for all your sports in the future. That would be a big boost for all Bison sports. You better hope the Summit stays together until then.

Why would UND move from a one bid basketball league to another? Your best basketball program just left the conference and the other has one foot out the door. But now that people know that Kansas City, Omaha, Fargo, Brookings and IUPUI are in the conference I see the prestige rising imediately.

Speaking of image problems, good luck in the Mid-Continent/Gateway/Summit/Missouri Valley Football Conference this year!

GO FU!!!

good luck in the big sky/wac/(idk where for baseball)/wcha this year.

NDSU has teams in multiple conferences, and North Dakota has teams in multiple conferences. So, what's the big deal?

NDSU has teams in multiple conferences, and North Dakota has teams in multiple conferences. So, what's the big deal?

Johnny missed the point... UNDvince97-01 was calling out the fact that NDSU's conferences keep changing names to sound more important or to distance itself from its past versus a school being in multiple conferences for different sports.

• Upvote 2