SiouxSports.com Forum

Red Pepper White Sauce Recipe

BobIwabuchiFan

From my recollection, the recipe is as follows...you have to do the proportions via testing to get the proper mix as the recipe involve large qtys...

- Need to find the most generic govt brand salad dressing...its not mayo or miracle whip, but rather generic salad dressing

- Ground black pepper (strong stuff, not weak crap)

- Milk to make it flow (I would think 2% would work)

- Touch of salt for taste

Again, don't go crazy on the salt, but be liberal with the pepper,,,Also, its not swiss cheese its white American

The buns can be found at Hugos on the east side and the hot sauce is hot and thin, no chunks...

shredded lettuce at Hugos as well and the white american is sold in slices in the cheese aisle...

Good Luck....

BobIwabuchiFan

• Upvote 1

Sysco? GFG has not been around for years. But then who really cares since the only thing the white sauce is good on are grinders.

GFG is part of US Foods. They still use the GFG Foodservice name as a division of US Foods, although they are trying to stress the US Foods name as much as possible.

From my recollection, the recipe is as follows...you have to do the proportions via testing to get the proper mix as the recipe involve large qtys...

- Need to find the most generic govt brand salad dressing...its not mayo or miracle whip, but rather generic salad dressing

Again, don't go crazy on the salt, but be liberal with the pepper,,,Also, its not swiss cheese its white American

The buns can be found at Hugos on the east side and the hot sauce is hot and thin, no chunks...

shredded lettuce at Hugos as well and the white american is sold in slices in the cheese aisle...

Good Luck....

BobIwabuchiFan

Close, but you need white pepper as well, without it it's just not the same.

- Milk to make it flow (I would think 2% would work) WHOLE MILK

Good Luck....

BobIwabuchiFan

Fixed it for ya.... :)

Good Luck....

BobIwabuchiFan

I wonder how half and half would work?

Another great family business taken over by corporate America. I wonder why they even keep the GFG part? Any insights on that 82?

I haven't asked, but my guess is name recognition. A lot of restaurants have done business with them for many, many years. They had a pretty good hold on a lot of the business in the region for a long time. Sometimes it is good to keep that connection rather than just throw it away. But they have used the US Foods name more and more over the last couple of years. It might be a weaning process to get people used to doing business with the corporate office rather than the small local company.

I haven't asked, but my guess is name recognition. A lot of restaurants have done business with them for many, many years. They had a pretty good hold on a lot of the business in the region for a long time. Sometimes it is good to keep that connection rather than just throw it away. But they have used the US Foods name more and more over the last couple of years. It might be a weaning process to get people used to doing business with the corporate office rather than the small local company.

That's what I was thinking. Like La Capana vs. Paradiso.

Good Luck....

BobIwabuchiFan

You have it my friend. That is pretty much the recipe.