SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 3 UND at the big SDSU

geaux_sioux

Let's see: Michigan could not effectively stop him, Washington and Washington State could not contain him, Nobody in the Mountain West has had any success in defending him....Yeah knock him on his back and see if he is "soft" I agree with Aztedbill, that's a real good plan and you should definitely go with it. Oh yeah.......One more thing......Throw a lot to Leon McFadden's side of the field, he is suspect as a man to man defender......Shhhhhhh, don't let on that I'm giving you this information.

Let's see: Michigan could not effectively stop him, Washington and Washington State could not contain him, Nobody in the Mountain West has had any success in defending him....Yeah knock him on his back and see if he is "soft" I agree with Aztedbill, that's a real good plan and you should definitely go with it. Oh yeah.......One more thing......Throw a lot to Leon McFadden's side of the field, he is suspect as a man to man defender......Shhhhhhh, don't let on that I'm giving you this information.

So two bad finesse Pac 12 teams and an unathletic rebuilding B1G team along with a mid major conference couldn't stop him?

These SDSU commenters have taken a turn for the worse after a respectable start. Regardless, welcome to the board, it should be a good game. I've got SDSU by 6 (thanks to Muss calling a punt) unless UND tackles like we did last week. If we don't fix the tackling SDSU will roll by 28.

That first game last year he refered to was Cal Poly. We beat them 49-21.

North Dakota later hosted Cal Poly. So you may know a little about them.

Poly did beat beat us last year. Fortunately we are a totally different team compared to last year and this could realistically be a good game; and as you predict is could be a blowout. Can't wait to play the game!

Also, what's with your tv coverage, not even a web stream?

Just watched the coaches show..

One question. How big is there o line?

Numerous callers/fans in attendance couldnt beleive the size of our o line. They couldnt believe we recruited them to ND

then one caller said hes from up in ND and they are all Beef fed hay bailin farm boys.... The lead annoucner had to turn off his mike (i watch via livestream viedo) cuz he was laughing so hard. the caller then said hes damn serious and its not a joke so i wouldnt laugh lol

Numerous callers/fans in attendance couldnt beleive the size of our o line. They couldnt believe we recruited them to ND

then one caller said hes from up in ND and they are all Beef fed hay bailin farm boys.... The lead annoucner had to turn off his mike (i watch via livestream viedo) cuz he was laughing so hard. the caller then said hes damn serious and its not a joke so i wouldnt laugh lol

Do you have a link to a replay of the show?

It would be great if you could share that link! Thanks in advance.

You are welcome here if your purpose is to have an intelligent discussion on the game, if your ultimate plan is to get snotty and pompus we already get enough of that from posters from teams we seldom play and are in a different conference. Win or lose our team does it talking on the field.
  • Upvote 2

You are welcome here if your purpose is to have an intelligent discussion on the game, if your ultimate plan is to get snotty and pompus we already get enough of that from posters from teams we seldom play and are in a different conference. Win or lose our team does it talking on the field.

Well said!

I don't believe oldAztec86 was being arrogant and pompous with his post. I believe he was just being a bit sarcastic in a response to another post. While I agree we don't want posters here that do nothing but stir the pot, it's ok to have a little back and forth with out getting out of line, which seemed to be the case here. Just my opinion...so carry on with the game discussion. :)

Coach Long seems to have done his homework on us. He listed all of our players that their defense is likely going to key on. I think they are going to very tough definitively on Saturday. I home Muss is accounting for this and coming up with different looks. Also hope Muss is doing his research on the Aztecs as much as Coach Long is doing on us.

Hopefully our special teams make a play or two to turn the tide. Another aspect of the Sioux game is blocking passes. There were a couple of times when our defensive ends stopped rushing and just waited for the pass to come so they could knock it down.