SiouxSports.com Forum

Dahl on Michigan

Goon

Dahl was on the radio this morning and it sounds like Molly the Cheerleader is not too far off about Michigan fans being foul, mean and nasty.

Craig Dahl (Dahlie Lama as Skeeterman call him) said the language of the Michigan fans was appalling. Sounds like the Huskies got hommered really bad by winding the clock another 2-3 and three seconds after the wistle blew. SCSU got screwed when they scored 5-3 and the goal was scored before the first penatly expiried. However, the refs did not see that way and SCCC got screwed.f

Dahl was also against the NCAA giving the home teams the home rink ie Michigan in Yost... I do not think this will change because the NCA$$ is all about money and its a no brainer.

Poor Craigie.  His team didn't put up more points than Michigan, which is how games are won-lost.  I'd bet the Michgian fans were no worse than than the idiotic boneheads at the NCC.

As far as the "home ice" issue, the only way you can solve that is to ensure that regionals are completely based on a team's geographic location, e.g., sending all the western teams to play their games in the east and vice versa.  However, I'm of the opinion that a good team can win wherever they have to play.  Another "red herring" much like the "bad officiating" excuse.  :)

OK "Dahli Lama," which is it?

Dahl claims they ran the clock a couple of seconds long after whistles.

Then he claims he got robbed by saying the goal came after the first penalty of the 5 on 3 (which would leave Michigan even) and not during the first penalty (which would leave Michigan on a 5 on 4).

But how can that be? Wouldn't they have to be stopping the clock EARLY to leave Michigan with a 5 on 4?

So which is it? They're stopping early (leaving the 5 on 4) or late (running time off)?

You're telling me the timer is so savvy that they can do the "homer"-thing in each case?

Also, the NCAA normally brings in outside officials to run the clocks and such during tournaments. Was it even the Michigan crew on the clock?

Mr. Dahl is grasping for excuses and we all know what excuses are like (and usually full of).