SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Mr. Clean must have misplaced this item:

jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

Bohl had no problem using this tool when dealing with other player discipline issues, but now when it involves so many important contributors to the team, he decides not to "jump to conclusions". :silly: This is a pure double-standard and I expected better from Mr. Clean.

Mr. Clean must have misplaced this item:

jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

Bohl had no problem using this tool when dealing with other player discipline issues, but now when it involves so many important contributors to the team, he decides not to "jump to conclusions". :silly: This is a pure double-standard and I expected better from Mr. Clean.

Do you really believe that Hak would not do the same thing?

I don't think they had any idea what would happen if they did what they did. They thought it was a way to make a quick buck and went for it. I agree with Taylor on this. As if most UND hockey players would know not to fake signatures. Besides Hak would still play them and don't for a minute think he wouldn't.

Two things:

1. This wasn't UND hockey players and UND has nothing to do with this conversation. Don't even try to bring them up because UND has nothing to do with this mess.
  2. I also want to make sure I understand your thought process on this. These young men signed up for this responsibility to collect signitures voluntarily and if they would have done the job properly they would have gotten paid for their hard work and the fine job that they did. This money would have been theirs to spend however they choose to because they earned it. But since they didn't take the time to understand the job they needed to do in order to get paid, it is someone else's fault and someone else should suffer the consequences of thier actions? So my question is- how old are these kids and what exactly are they going to do when they get into the real world? Some of them are a year or two away from graduation and I know my company sure as !@#$ wouldn't hire someone who wants to get paid for the job they do and wants a pat on the back when the job goes good but is quick to point the finger when !@#$ hits the fan. And you sir aren't much better for thinking that is ok and making excuses for them.
  • Upvote 1

Two things:

1. This wasn't UND hockey players and UND has nothing to do with this conversation. Don't even try to bring them up because UND has nothing to do with this mess.

2. I also want to make sure I understand your thought process on this. These young men signed up for this responsibility to collect signitures voluntarily and if they would have done the job properly they would have gotten paid for their hard work and the fine job that they did. This money would have been theirs to spend however they choose to because they earned it. But since they didn't take the time to understand the job they needed to do in order to get paid, it is someone else's fault and someone else should suffer the consequences of thier actions? So my question is- how old are these kids and what exactly are they going to do when they get into the real world? Some of them are a year or two away from graduation and I know my company sure as !@#$ wouldn't hire someone who wants to get paid for the job they do and wants a pat on the back when the job goes good but is quick to point the finger when !@#$ hits the fan. And you sir aren't much better for thinking that is ok and making excuses for them.

let me see but is this not a UND sports forum? Then why are we talking about the Bison for? I brought up hockey players for the simple reason if it had been a hockey player from UND you would be singing a different tune, like pissing in an elevator.

let me see but is this not a UND sports forum? Then why are we talking about the Bison for? I brought up hockey players for the simple reason if it had been a hockey player from UND you would be singing a different tune, like pissing in an elevator.

This part of the forum is to discuss things other than UND sports. It is to discuss other things of interest at UND or in North Dakota. NDSU, the Bison football team and North Dakota elections are all of interest to people in North Dakota. Read the forum heading. You just like to take potshots at Hak and the hockey team.

B'ville trolls are always surfing our board and filling us in on useless information about our least favorite school. And as far as UND hockey goes Hak has kicked off/ suspended talented players like Matt Frattin and TJ Oshie for misconduct. For the most part UND hockey players are stand up guys who are also outstanding students (Eidness, Genoway).

Is Denial a wonderful place to live?

You evidently haven't heard of "Shadenfreude." It goes both ways between heated rivals. And, yes, it is a wonderful place to be when your on the right side of it.

How's life in Smug-holierthanthou-perfect-land?

IMO, this wouldn't be such a big story if Bohl hadn't just weeks ago tossed from the team an oft-injured, likely 3rd string linebacker for being investigated for a Class A misdemeanor. When "stars" like Williams and Ojuri actually get charged with a Class A misdemeanor, they are apparently afforded the due process that Jemison was denied.................

• Upvote 1

B'ville trolls are always surfing our board and filling us in on useless information about our least favorite school. And as far as UND hockey goes Hak has kicked off/ suspended talented players like Matt Frattin and TJ Oshie for misconduct. For the most part UND hockey players are stand up guys who are also outstanding students (Eidness, Genoway).

And both continued to play. Furthermore, if the Herald had not reported anything about them would the results have been the same?

And as far as UND hockey goes Hak has kicked off/ suspended talented players like Matt Frattin and TJ Oshie for misconduct. For the most part UND hockey players are stand up guys who are also outstanding students (Eidness, Genoway).

No need to bring facts into the conversation. They ruin a poorly constructed strawman argument.

So I don't know if its been said in this forum or not, but I heard that these individuals were paid by an organization to collect signatures for a cause, and they decided to just go into phone books and write names down.

Anybody know the cause behind the charges?

A couple of wildly divergent thoughts...

Who that collects signatures on petitions reads the names/signatures of all the people who sign? Maybe, and this is a b-I-g maybe, the guys collecting the signatures are guilty of nothing more than not comparing IDs to signatures. Don't think this is what happened, but let's not throw everyone under the bus right away.

Second thought: What if this is not the first petition drive these guys worked? Maybe these guys got away with doing this on the Sioux nickname petition drive and were not spot checked on the signatures that were forged.

Bottom line is that this is all speculation on a rival team's fan forum. We can think whatever we want, but the only thing that matters is that the people who worked so hard to get these initiatives on the ballot are now screwed because of forged signatures.

But its not. Craig Bohl had a press conference today to discuss the charges against 8 of his football players from NDSU and Gene Taylor had an interview today to discuss the charges against 8 athletes within his athletic dept. Again, nothing to do with UND or any of their athletes. If you would like to revisit items from the past we can definately compare situations within both programs via PM.

Who that collects signatures on petitions reads the names/signatures of all the people who sign? Maybe, and this is a b-I-g maybe, the guys collecting the signatures are guilty of nothing more than not comparing IDs to signatures. Don't think this is what happened, but let's not throw everyone under the bus right away.

From: http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2012-09-04/eight-ndsu-players-face-charges-forging-signatures-ballot-initiativ

Jaeger said one person signed the name of Hillary Rodham, who is better known as Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, and listed her as living at the White House.

Either they (a) didn't recognize Mrs. Clinton and tell her not to sign because she's not a North Dakotan, or (b) didn't stop someone from forging Mrs. Clinton's signature. Either way, it's the petitioner's job to keep problems off their petitions.

Note: I'm assuming benefit of doubt here, namely, someone other than one of the NDSU FB players wrote "Hillary Rodham, (address) White House".

Note: I'm assuming benefit of doubt here, namely, someone other than one of the NDSU FB players wrote "Hillary Rodham, (address) White House".

Well, yeah that is the perspective of my post, but the whole thing was a little tongue in cheek. Just poking a little fun at our (a rival's) fan board revelling so much in the misfortune of the people who worked so hard to get these measures on the ballot legally.

And... What IF they got away with it on the Sioux nickname initiative on last June's ballot?

Either they (a) didn't recognize Mrs. Clinton and tell her not to sign because she's not a North Dakotan, or (b) didn't stop someone from forging Mrs. Clinton's signature. Either way, it's the petitioner's job to keep problems off their petitions.

Well, they did get her address wrong... :sad:

• Upvote 1

IMO, this wouldn't be such a big story if Bohl hadn't just weeks ago tossed from the team an oft-injured, likely 3rd string linebacker for being investigated for a Class A misdemeanor. When "stars" like Williams and Ojuri actually get charged with a Class A misdemeanor, they are apparently afforded the due process that Jemison was denied.................

Big difference between having your junk out in public and doing what these guys "allegedly" (probably, almost certainly) did. Read earlier that in the state of Washington, internet poker is the same class of felony as raping a woman. Are the crimes the same because they are in the same class and should the people who take part in these activities be treated the same?

I'm sure that NDSU will do what is necessary. I could see Ojuri gone. Suspensions for the other guys. Whatever happens, I support the team.

To whomever who said the majority of UND hockey players are not bad guys, the same can be said about guys on almost any team. Heck, even guys who do stupid things can be good students and good people.

• Upvote 1

Big difference between having your junk out in public and doing what these guys "allegedly" (probably, almost certainly) did.

Kolpack (or was it Izzo) said on radio tonight that what Jemison did was a B misdemeanor and these are A misdemeanors. Did whoever misspeak?