SiouxSports.com Forum

Todd Hoffner

UND92,96

Something doesn't add up for me. Yes, the videos were extremely creepy considering they were of his own kids. Yes, one can ask why he would have them.

Why would he only have 3 of them, on his phone, and only of his own kids? Just having videos of your own kids (naked) doesn't add up for me - the cops must have something else with the videos. Maybe that is all but it seems like people usually do something else with the videos.

This whole situation is very disturbing, don't get me wrong. Just wondering if there is more?

Something doesn't add up for me. Yes, the videos were extremely creepy considering they were of his own kids. Yes, one can ask why he would have them.

Why would he only have 3 of them, on his phone, and only of his own kids? Just having videos of your own kids (naked) doesn't add up for me - the cops must have something else with the videos. Maybe that is all but it seems like people usually do something else with the videos.

This whole situation is very disturbing, don't get me wrong. Just wondering if there is more?

I was thinking the same thing. If this is all they have and can not prove he shared the video he is going to walk. They really did screw up here big time to say that the kids were his. Usually, well always, the victims are not named. Many times the arrested person is not named because it would identify the children.

"Prosecuting attorney Michael Hanson, who argued in court that Hoffner shouldn't be allowed to have contact with his three children -- who were shown in the videos -- also declined to discuss the case." Hey ScottM is this DA an idiot or what? What are the chances now that the wife has a potential lawsuit against the county for this? If the kids were not victims before they are now thanks to the DA.

I"Prosecuting attorney Michael Hanson, who argued in court that Hoffner shouldn't be allowed to have contact with his three children -- who were shown in the videos -- also declined to discuss the case." Hey ScottM is this DA an idiot or what? What are the chances now that the wife has a potential lawsuit against the county for this? If the kids were not victims before they are now thanks to the DA.

The policy of not publicly identifying victims of rape or abuse usually rests with the media outlet, although some states have victim shield laws, especially with respect to minors, that may apply. I think there are First Amendment issues with these laws. The prosecutor may be alright unless he mistated who the children were,but the larger risk may be with the Strib. At the very least, it was sloppy editing.

The policy of not publicly identifying victims of rape or abuse usually rests with the media outlet, although some states have victim shield laws, especially with respect to minors, that may apply. I think there are First Amendment issues with these laws. The prosecutor may be alright unless he mistated who the children were,but the larger risk may be with the Strib. At the very least, it was sloppy editing.

Thank you. At least the Trib has deeper pockets.

• 3 months later...

If MSU-Mankato fires Hoffner, that will stain Hoffner with the scarlet letter of "inference of guilt". That could make it harder for him to find employment elsewhere. I'm not a lawyer, but I think there would be grounds for a pretty big civil lawsuit here. MSU-Mankato had better be careful how they handle this.

It's a tough situation for MSU no matter what they do. Keen has now led them to an undefeated regular season, and a trip to the semi finals. He may very well lead MSU to its first national championship. If MSU doesn't retain him as head coach, chances are pretty good he'll take a head coaching job elsewhere.

• 1 year later...

Heads should roll in Mankato for this debacle, will they? idk

I personally think he should stay in Minot, take the money and make Mankato pay on the field.

good article from the Mankato Free Press on this

http://www.mankatofr...-rehired?zc_p=5

That certainly tells the whole story. I agree - he can't go back to Mankato. He needs to stay in Minot and collect some extra $ from MSU.

The plot thickens:

Hoffner is heading back to Mankato

I'd rather be in Mankato too and I'm sure there is a better chance of the program continuing to be successful there but that has to be a real weird situation for him to go back into especially with the administration.

This brings up a pretty interesting question with regard to Keen's contract. Can he simply be re-assigned to a coordinator, or does his contract require that he be head coach?

EDIT: Some are saying Keen was still considered an interim coach in 2013. Not sure I've ever heard of somebody being an interim coach for two full seasons before.