SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

Went to watch Mollberg and Labat 2 years ago in Park Rapids when they were seniors. Mollberg was hobbled but still played pretty well and Labat had a dominating game.

By the end of the game I was asking myself who #9 was. Herzog was only a sophomore playing OLB, but he stuck out and I came away impressed by him.

It would be nice to continue that Detroit Lakes pipeline.

Went to watch Mollberg and Labat 2 years ago in Park Rapids when they were seniors. Mollberg was hobbled but still played pretty well and Labat had a dominating game.

By the end of the game I was asking myself who #9 was. Herzog was only a sophomore playing OLB, but he stuck out and I came away impressed by him.

EDIT: I'm surprised he doesn't have any LB highlights on that tape. Did he only play QB last year in order to keep him healthy? He seems like a LB recruit for UND. Maybe Ira can answer some of this?

Had knee injury playing BB end of Dec. 2011. Came back from ACL repair faster than Adrian Peterson did for Vikings. Played RB , LB as a Soph and QB, SS last year as a Jr . Would be a RB maybe OLB or possibly SS in college. Can play at some level. Could be QB for smaller college. UND coaches asked about him when they were scouting Labatt and Mollberg when he was a Soph. RB. .

If you watch the film what he does really well is set up his blocking, read blocks and find seams. He makes quick cuts and accelerates quickly off of his cuts. Tough to bring down and you need to hit him to stop him. . He also protects his legs and breaks tackles. He is an excellent athlete, He is also one of the best golfers in the State. Helped lead Detroit Lakes to State Golf Championship as a Soph. DL will be favored to win again this year. He will likely have Golf Scholarship offers from D1 golf programs. He led DL to an undefeated regular season in FB last year. Will need to attend UND's camp so they can get a close look at him. Good student, great leader and great character. DL will also have 2 linemen to watch. Weber is 6'2" and 275lbs. Siewert is 6' 1" and 245lbs with good feet. Soph kid Huwe is 6'1" 285lbs is another kid to watch but is 3 years away. Has great feet. Went to state wrestling meet as Fr. Heavyweight.

Had knee injury playing BB end of Dec. 2011. Came back from ACL repair faster than Adrian Peterson did for Vikings.

While in full acknowledgement of your medical training and credentials, I still feel obliged to point out that if the same injury happens to two people a decade apart in age, the younger one should statistically heal more quickly.

It's that terrible part of life: youth is wasted on the young. ;):D

• 2 weeks later...

How many have we offered already? Seems like a bunch.

I see that you are a new member - welcome!

Go to the top of this page and, within the green bar, click on Siouxports.com. That new page will have "Wiki" at the top, click on that and you will got to a page with all sorts of info. Click on 2014 FB Recruiting and you will see the 36 offers that we are aware of as well as other kids we are looking at.

I see that you are a new member - welcome!

Go to the top of this page and, within the green bar, click on Siouxports.com. That new page will have "Wiki" at the top, click on that and you will got to a page with all sorts of info. Click on 2014 FB Recruiting and you will see the 36 offers that we are aware of as well as other kids we are looking at.

Thank you!

Unfortunately, Connor has a history of injuries/concussions so that is probably why D1 offers are minimal. Great player and leader. But of he was a USC or Ohio St type recruit, he would already be holding multiple offers and I can guarantee you the gophers would have offered already. I hope UND offers and gets him, but I have a feeling that if gophers offer he would take it.

Unfortunately, Connor has a history of injuries/concussions so that is probably why D1 offers are minimal. Great player and leader. But of he was a USC or Ohio St type recruit, he would already be holding multiple offers and I can guarantee you the gophers would have offered already. I hope UND offers and gets him, but I have a feeling that if gophers offer he would take it.

I am assuming that you know him if you know his injury history. What type of injuries and how many concussions has he had?

That kid has a great frame and has awesome foot quickness for a tall guy. Shows some pop on throws down field and nice touch. If we do offer him he'd be a project with how awful his mechanics are. His release point is where a 5'6" qb would be. He needs to extend his arm and flick the ball instead of leaning on it and pushing it down field. If he brings his elbow up his release point would be super high and almost untouchable by defenders and he would be able to throw the ball farther and put more spin on it. Even a 3/4 release would be a vast improvement. I kind of hope he doesn't fix his mechanics going into next fall so we can snatch him up and refine his tools and make him into a stud qb.