SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

7 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

4 dollars for a 4 inch taco. They better be good.

They are really good. Just borrow some money from gfhockey or McGarry.............or the FB program. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, LeftyZL said:

Hard to believe they’d make such a drastic change to save a buck or 2. How many years had they used the Hugo’s bread?

Whatever the costs savings were on the bread, the fallout will be greater IMO for the overall business.

Just a poor, silly, and dumb decision. Support a local business.

I tried to use the Red Pepper a number of times over the last 10 years to cater grinders for an annual event at UND.   Nothing fancy, just pre-make the grinders and bring them to us and collect your $1200 - $1500.

We made it work a 2 or 3 times but they were never easy to work with and didn't have much interest in our business.  The  last time we tried they strung us along for a couple of months by telling us to call back in a week and then turned us down.  

I finally gave up and used Rhombus guys pizza truck and another local food truck.  They were both great to work with and we are happy to have moved on.

21 hours ago, LeftyZL said:

Hard to believe they’d make such a drastic change to save a buck or 2. How many years had they used the Hugo’s bread?

Whatever the costs savings were on the bread, the fallout will be greater IMO for the overall business.

Just a poor, silly, and dumb decision. Support a local business.

Not sure this was true. Different set of workers there said Hugo's was not keeping up with orders, and were often sending different sized buns in the order. 

The last time there much of the corn meal had been scraped from the bottom of the buns, and they were better. Guess Baker Boy's very hot ovens need cornmeal on the bottom to keep them from burning.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sprig said:

Not sure this was true. Different set of workers there said Hugo's was not keeping up with orders, and were often sending different sized buns in the order. 

At the south end Red Pepper, the kid working behind the counter said that the reason they went to the buns that are made in Dickenson is that the buns from Hugos were inconsistent. Meaning they were sending buns of all different sizes. Obviously, that's not good. 

6 hours ago, Goon said:

At the south end Red Pepper, the kid working behind the counter said that the reason they went to the buns that are made in Dickenson is that the buns from Hugos were inconsistent. Meaning they were sending buns of all different sizes. Obviously, that's not good. 

Heard the same from downtown one.  Plus they said Hugo's couldn't supply all.

I stopped into Pub 76 for lunch and wasn't all that impressed. Based on name, I was expecting pub-style food, but it was straight up regular bar food. A good place to go for cheap eats, I guess. The service was decent though.

It's located on S Washington St. near Mexican Village.

*Each week, they post two names to the Facebook page and anyone with that name can stop in for FREE lunch.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/pub76gf/posts/?ref=page_internal

43 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Had an everything grinder and it was awful. Like a loaf of bread. 

we talk on here about how ralph maybe wouldn't be too proud of his daughter acting like htis (on the othe hand she' s probably making him proud too who knows) but for damn sure Bruce is spinning in his grave about these BUNS!!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Not consistently, at least as of Wednesday. 

I've had three of them in the last week and they were fabulous. I didn't see any problems. 

I am not sure what everyone is complaining about. Tasted good to me.