SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

I think it was, although that may have included a small white sauce to go. Reminds me of the Pizza Corner debacle. That's a solid $7 pizza now, but they're still trying to get $10 at the grocery stores. 

They better not make the mistake of thinking they’re bullet proof. Wanna open a grinder shop with Hugo’s bread? We'll slaughter them.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

They better not make the mistake of thinking they’re bullet proof. Wanna open a grinder shop with Hugo’s bread? We'll slaughter them.

Haha someone should. I may have to check out the egf red pepper when I come back. 

In a cost-cutting move, the pinheads who run The Pepper decided to ruin a classic and go with the guy who swore "he had the recipe and could make the bread just the same so no one would notice" - and cheaper.  I'm done with the Pepper.

• Like 1

Seriously, if the Red Pepper's grinders are actually worse than they were before, they must be horrible now..................

I've tried it numerous times and have never have understood the infatuation with that place.  Given the choice, I prefer a Flatlander microwave grinder out of the gas station cooler over what the Red Pepper offers..................

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

Seriously, if the Red Pepper's grinders are actually worse than they were before, they must be horrible now..................

I've tried it numerous times and have never have understood the infatuation with that place.  Given the choice, I prefer a Flatlander microwave grinder out of the gas station cooler over what the Red Pepper offers..................

tenor.gif?itemid=9945439

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

Dammit Bobby...

What do we do when someone rates the Pepper by talking about the quality of the food as opposed to the homogenous memories of late night alcohol infused commrodery and the continous nostalgia and appreciation for what once was......

WcYmJSa.gif

5 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Had a grinder at U Red Pepper yesterday, it's the bread. Definitely not as good as the Hugo's bread. Do I sound like a Sioux Forever fan?

Hard to believe they’d make such a drastic change to save a buck or 2. How many years had they used the Hugo’s bread?

Whatever the costs savings were on the bread, the fallout will be greater IMO for the overall business.

Just a poor, silly, and dumb decision. Support a local business.

• Upvote 1