SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

On July 27, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Cratter said:

Fun to go to IHOP to watch how bad the service is.

I like bww. They are expanding.

And JL Beers.

Toasted Frog: A younger "hipper" Sanders.

Heard the rumor southgate is closing. Turning it into Famous Dave's.

Cratter fun to go back and read from 6 years ago. The new fast food places that have come to GF lately have me thinking.They do there homework b4 they spend there $. 

Dr. David Flynn paints a not so rosey picture about sales tax collections the past 25 months. If Dave is correct  where are they getting a good feeling about GF? Walked by Sonic at 6pm the other nite 2 cars.

GF is not Fargo we are not the distribution center. GF has a smaller margin for error. UND very vital to GFs economy.

Who is giving these companies a healthy picture of GF. Economically speaking how is GF really doing?

Not sure what anything you quoted from me has to do with what you wrote.

All those restaurants are still open i wrote about and doing well.

GF can start by having a real mayor but no one seems to care.

Sonic took a gamble and musta known by placing the restaurant in that part of town. While chik fil a took the prime location.

Southgate didn't close they renovated.

Rumors of Harbor Freight coming to town.

10 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Not sure what anything you quoted from me has to do with what you wrote.

All those restaurants are still open i wrote about and doing well.

GF can start by having a real mayor but no one seems to care.

Sonic took a gamble and musta known by placing the restaurant in that part of town. While chik til a took the prime location.

Southgate didn't close they renovated.

Rumors of Harbor Freight coming to town.

Your right it had nothing to do with your post. I have questions concerns about what going on here economically. The intent of my post  was your  opinion on GF's economy. Thanks for responding.

3 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Your right it had nothing to do with your post. I have questions concerns about what going on here economically. The intent of my post  was your  opinion on GF's economy. Thanks for responding.

I'm sure they talked about the Canadian dollar. Not as strong against the US dollar as it use to be.

GF is growing. Is it growing slower than we all would like? Yes.

1 hour ago, moser53 said:

Cratter fun to go back and read from 6 years ago. The new fast food places that have come to GF lately have me thinking.They do there homework b4 they spend there $. 

Dr. David Flynn paints a not so rosey picture about sales tax collections the past 25 months. If Dave is correct  where are they getting a good feeling about GF? Walked by Sonic at 6pm the other nite 2 cars.

GF is not Fargo we are not the distribution center. GF has a smaller margin for error. UND very vital to GFs economy.

Who is giving these companies a healthy picture of GF. Economically speaking how is GF really doing?

In Tennessee, could just as well shut down the Sonics here when it is less than 50 degrees.  Nobody wants their cold drinks and shakes until it warms up. Grand Forks has a longer winter.

13 hours ago, moser53 said:

Seems to me that Fargo has seen their fair share of restaurants close lately as well. 

16 hours ago, Cratter said:

I'm sure they talked about the Canadian dollar. Not as strong against the US dollar as it use to be.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/business/tourism/4390591-year-end-boardings-down-gfk

A depressed Canadian dollar in the last two years meant fewer passengers at the airport.

“Historically, 40 to 45 percent of our passengers were from Canada,” he said. “That number dropped to about 10 to 15 percent in 2016.”

That resulted in Allegiant Air pulling some of its flights, he said.

Beer and Bacon festival is a hit in town (Last Saturday). Everyone I talked to had a good time at it. 

I also found out Canadians love it. Lots of them come down for it.

Can someone explain to me what the deal is with the Red Pepper East in EGF?  It is my understanding that it isn't actually part of the Red Peppers that are in Grand Forks.  Did they just "borrow" the name to capitalize on the popularity of the Red Pepper seeing as how they are in a different state?

Never been there, just curious.....

19 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

Can someone explain to me what the deal is with the Red Pepper East in EGF?  It is my understanding that it isn't actually part of the Red Peppers that are in Grand Forks.  Did they just "borrow" the name to capitalize on the popularity of the Red Pepper seeing as how they are in a different state?

Never been there, just curious.....

i think a former employee saw an opportunity and went with it...mabye settled on the side with the tellmans and he said stay over there and don't come back on this side of the river?

Thought it was a family member that didn't get along with the rest of the family went and opened their own over on the East side with permission.  An ok you go do that don't bother us and stay away.  But I could be wrong, just remember hearing that when I asked someone back in the 90's

19 minutes ago, Siouxfan11 said:

Thought it was a family member that didn't get along with the rest of the family went and opened their own over on the East side with permission.  An ok you go do that don't bother us and stay away.  But I could be wrong, just remember hearing that when I asked someone back in the 90's

red pepper east used to be in a "house" near sacred heart before the flood correct?

3 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

So it Red Pepper East pretty similar to the real Red Pepper then?

Yes and no.  Ingredients are slightly different tasting and white sauce also has slight different taste.  I like going to original better for taste.  East has a more expanded menu of sides like tots and wedges.  They also have some deal days like 2 for 1 taco Tuesday and seem to give you more food for a cheaper price.