SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

9 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

I think Sickies made a mistake closing the Columbia location. Place was always busy. Don't think they'll get that traffic in Whitey's.

Cheaper rent...tax break? Don't make much sense if they were successful at Columbia.

Went to the soft opening at Ely's Ivy and it was good food, definitely unique so not sure how that'll play to the GF market but hope they succeed.

Also went to the soft opening for Sickie's yesterday at service was top notch, food was great too. They opened up Whitey's formal dining area and added a lot more TV's so it feels brighter. I also think a wall must've been opened between the bar and sit down area because it seems more open.

3 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Went to the soft opening at Ely's Ivy and it was good food, definitely unique so not sure how that'll play to the GF market but hope they succeed.

Also went to the soft opening for Sickie's yesterday at service was top notch, food was great too. They opened up Whitey's formal dining area and added a lot more TV's so it feels brighter. I also think a wall must've been opened between the bar and sit down area because it seems more open.

Is Elys Ivy open to the public yet?

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.grandforksherald.com/business/restaurants-and-bars/4383080-subway-closes-columbia-mall

Worst food court in America gets a little worse. (Not that anybody ate there, anyway.)  Now beyond clear that Scheels cannot save Columbia Mall.  It will be a multi-use facility soon.  Maybe a church, maybe a year-round flea market.  Bleak.

On 1/6/2018 at 10:39 AM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/business/restaurants-and-bars/4383079-petes-za-takes-place-south-end-little-caesars

Surprised! Surprised! that Little Caesar's would pull out of the south side. Those $5 pizzas with the easy drive up and go really proved handy for busy families and anyone needing late night munchies.

Is that the one where you had to pay and receive food through the passenger window?

• Upvote 1

Things I've tried in the past couple of months:

Crooked pint- been there twice, one night they have a classic burger deal w fries for around $8 or $9. Will go back more for the rotating tap beers

Vinyl Taco- went there first time last week- very impressed! Service was great, food was incredible, and groovy music. Definitely visiting again

Chik-fil-a - didn't blow my skirt off. went thru the drive thru couple times. one time it was a 25 min wait and they were out of regular buns? lol

Also had the brunch at Rhombus Brewery and was not impressed although their dinner/lunch menu never disappoints 

Need to check out the new sickies location

• 2 weeks later...