SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

10 hours ago, DB Cooper said:

Anyone ate at vinyl taco yet? wondering how the reviews are..

Haven't had the GF location yet, but the Fargo one is delicious (I'd expect food to be the same).  The carne asada tacos and crispy fish tacos are my two favorites.

In Fargo, like JL Beers, no one under 21, even at lunch.

10 hours ago, DB Cooper said:

Anyone ate at vinyl taco yet? wondering how the reviews are..

Love Vinyl Taco.  was there last night for probably the 5th time since they opened.  I don't agree with runaroundsioux's comment about $$$ - you can get three tacos for around $12, which should fill you up.  Margaritas are superb, chips are made fresh, fun to watch them spin records.  Only downside is that they cannot accommodate groups - There are only a couple places for a group of 6, and if you have any more people than that, you won't be able to sit together. 

What is going on with some of our fast food restaurants lately. Taco Bell has always been somewhat improperly managed but that place seems like a mess and now you have KFC who doesn’t even have chicken available at times. I was in Taco Bell a couple weeks ago and that place just scared me. I have never understood why it is so poorly run. Anyway my point was if a place if business is poorly run just imagine the food handling and prep that is in place and it makes me really worried. 

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:08 AM, crb1 said:

What is going on with some of our fast food restaurants lately. Taco Bell has always been somewhat improperly managed but that place seems like a mess and now you have KFC who doesn’t even have chicken available at times. I was in Taco Bell a couple weeks ago and that place just scared me. I have never understood why it is so poorly run. Anyway my point was if a place if business is poorly run just imagine the food handling and prep that is in place and it makes me really worried. 

I have given up on fast food entirely. Too much fat and whatever else.

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:25 AM, siouxforcefans said:

FYP

Seriously, I will never understand why people get so excited to have these chains show up in the area.  It's fast food.  It's likely unhealthy, almost guaranteed to be over salted, and probably won't taste much different than the place next door.  :( [/cynicalrant]

Agreed, it disappoints me to no end that instead of getting diverse restaurants (we still don't have an Indian restaurant and are just now getting a Vietnamese one), we have seven Subways, 5 McDonalds, etc. Getting a new franchise is only slightly better.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joeyjr said:

Agreed, it disappoints me to no end that instead of getting diverse restaurants (we still don't have an Indian restaurant and are just now getting a Vietnamese one), we have seven Subways, 5 McDonalds, etc. Getting a new franchise is only slightly better.

I work at a grocery store and find the palate of most people in the area enjoy salt, too much cheese, and bland based on customer demands. Might explain the lack of local culinary creativity. 

3 hours ago, joeyjr said:

Does this count as an Indian Restaurant??

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/4359190-eatbeat-taste-india-ramada

14 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

Yeah, they didn't go too far out on a limb

They can go out on a limb with the 14 monthly rotators though.

My only complaint would be they need more Deschutes, but it looks like they should have a pretty good spread.  Food menu looks solid as well.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

This might be an off the radar type place, but for anyone that enjoys a great breakfast I'd highly recommend Seasons Family Resteraunt in EGF.  Way better and faster too IMO than the standards like Perkins, Denny's, and IHOP. 

I've are there a few times, excellent breakfast.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:48 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

High marks. A great addition to the local scene.

And honestly, will anyone miss the Mill?

Grabbed a burger and beer at Crooked Pint before Friday's hockey game.  Honestly, not overly impressed.  I'll probably give it another try or two, as I believe some of the issues we saw were due to it being so new, but I definitely wasn't wowed.  Oh, and $20 for a burger with fries and a pint?  Not going to be labeled as one of the better deals around...

Side note;  Had someone trying to tell me that Blue Moose is now charging $10 for a beer.  I'm thinking maybe if it was some specialty brew, but it just doesn't sound right.  Anyone experience this?  I haven't eaten at the Moose for a few weeks, but I know I didn't pay that much when I was there on the 11th.