SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

52 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Is it now? I used to be a cook there and they made the sauce at that time. The dough was still frozen though. 

not sure...just taking a pot shot against those guys...probably do though to save a buck or two to pay off the debt at the brewery

20 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Mike's on the east side is still the best in town...and then happy joes if you got a couple hundred to spend...

... and HJ uses frozen dough. 

Seriously, frozen pizza dough is one you guys should let go.  It's more consistent, and works better for the restaurants.  If used properly, you'll never know the difference.  And, yes, I worked for the place that produces the HJ dough, for about 7 years ;)

4 hours ago, siouxforcefans said:

... and HJ uses frozen dough. 

Seriously, frozen pizza dough is one you guys should let go.  It's more consistent, and works better for the restaurants.  If used properly, you'll never know the difference.  And, yes, I worked for the place that produces the HJ dough, for about 7 years ;)

If papalinos can make their own dough everyone else can. 

• Upvote 1

On August 23, 2016 at 9:38 AM, Brucesky02 said:

What's with the Popolino's hate? Their crust is delicious. Maybe it's a difference of style preference or something...but they are the best pizza in town IMO. I don't make a trip back to GF without hitting up 746-POPS.

Beef tostada pizza is heaven.

• Upvote 1

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 7:07 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

up north pizza is doing a soft opening the next few nights...really nice work inside.

anyone know he eta on the coffee shop across the street

Wife and I went to Up North Pizza Pub in EGF last night.   Excellent pizza... they have some unique ones.  The Drunken Rooster pizza with pheasant sausage and the Duck, Duck, Goat pizza with duck, grapes, pecans and goat cheese.  We played it safe with a Smoked BBQ chicken called the Saucy Hen.  Only made it through 2 of the 35 or so beers on tap.   Place was pretty busy, service was OK, especially for a new place.   Nice addition to downtown EGF.

Their service wasn't always the fastest, but they had great bread and baked goods. Sad day for eating in Grand Forks - Dakota Harvest has closed its doors.

The business had been up for sale since January. I'm assuming they never found a buyer...also assuming the closure was not financially related. The last few times I was in there, it was just as busy as ever.

3 minutes ago, Brucesky02 said:

Their service wasn't always the fastest, but they had great bread and baked goods. Sad day for eating in Grand Forks - Dakota Harvest has closed its doors.

The business had been up for sale since January. I'm assuming they never found a buyer...also assuming the closure was not financially related. The last few times I was in there, it was just as busy as ever.

me and the wife loved going there on Sunday morningso and eating on the sidewalk. Hopefully, the space remains a locally owned restaurant.

On September 6, 2016 at 8:41 AM, Brucesky02 said:

This sucks. Our downtown needs more places like this.... Lots of untapped potential for non bar entities to flourish.

• Upvote 2

Yay, another fast food chain!  (Sarcasm thick, and intentional)

Not a biased against Chick-Fil-A, but I just get so sick of the chains.  People in Fargo lined up and blocked part of 45th St. for Sonic when it opened.  They stood in a line around the building for Chipotle.  I mean, seriously, it's the same corporate fast food as the rest of the country, but in the RRV people act like they've never seen anything like it before!  [/Rant] 

• Upvote 1

Chains, are just local places that were some of the best, that there was demand for them in other towns, and more towns....chains have a consistent quality that usually isn't seen with some other restaurants.

..Dakota Harvest Bakery could have been a uber success and opened (franchised) all across the country...and some person in St. Kathy, Ohio would complain "oh great another chain restaurant."

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Planned location is chicken-sandwiched between TX Roadhouse and Sakura (formerly, Space Aliens) on 32nd.

http://www.grandforksgov.com/home/showdocument?id=13707

Kudos to you for the verified info on this. Nice work. +1 for the chicken-sandwiched comment alone.

CFA has had North Dakota on their open locations for franchisees for about a year now. They had some franchisee interest meetings in the state this spring. I would have to assume Fargo is getting one as well, given they held franchisee meetings there.

Hopefully whoever got the franchisee slot(s) is a local. It's a good opportunity to "own" your own business with very little money required. I say "own" because CFA actually owns everything...but a $10,000 investment for a franchise that averages $200,000/yr in profit for an operator is pretty great IMO. 

Despite being a chain, it should be a nice addition to the community. Lots of great training for young employees, plus a decent college scholarship program, and they typically do a lot of community events/special nights.

• Upvote 2

The 1st time we saw the C F in Ft.Collins we thought we have to try that. The next day we went there & they were closed. We thought maybe they have not opened yet or it failed. Then the next day we saw it was open. I have since read they are closed Sunday's - they will be right at home in ND

• Upvote 1

Awesome news if getting them.  The Sunday thing is a bummer, but man do they make some good chicken sandwiches.  Big fan of the biscuit chicken sandwich for breakfast.  Also employees are overly nice.  One of managers in Maple Grove site had told me they were looking to open in Fargo within the year.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, siouxforcefans said:

Yay, another fast food chain!  (Sarcasm thick, and intentional)

Not a biased against Chick-Fil-A, but I just get so sick of the chains.  People in Fargo lined up and blocked part of 45th St. for Sonic when it opened.  They stood in a line around the building for Chipotle.  I mean, seriously, it's the same corporate fast food as the rest of the country, but in the RRV people act like they've never seen anything like it before!  [/Rant] 

Chipotle is welcome in Grand Forks any time