SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

I am going to be in Grand Forks on an upcoming Sunday and Monday. Most of the places I used to consider for better dining when I lived in Grand Forks back in the 80's and 90's are long gone. Sanders will not be open, where do you go for a decent meal in Grand Forks these days.

The Drunken Noodle in East Side is awesome... Great food. The New Dickie's BBQ is good as well.

I haven't heard anything good about Dickies in GF or Fargo.

I've heard almost all good about Dickies in Grand Forks. One person didn't like it, the rest have all liked it. One other person complained about the wait, but it was the first week so I take that with a grain of salt. I haven't been there yet.

I've heard almost all good about Dickies in Grand Forks. One person didn't like it, the rest have all liked it. One other person complained about the wait, but it was the first week so I take that with a grain of salt. I haven't been there yet.

Fair enough. I heard it from a handful of folks. I haven't ate there either but will give it a try soon.

I ate there one time this summer and loved it. The ribs were good. I don't know - I don't have a problem with it... I thought the the layout was kind of clumsy but it was good food.

I think I like Wild Hog better than Dickie's, but need to try Dickie's couple more times. I never liked Jake's but since it changed to Wild Hog much better portions and food.

And a Hell Yeah on Drunken Noodle.

• Upvote 1

Cause people like the taste of their pizza. Voted best pizza five years in a row. 33 pizzas to choose from.

http://rhombuspizza....ns/grand-forks/

You can vote. Sept 22 town square. New contestants Marcos and pizza ranch.

Shows more how GF people have no idea what good pizza even is. You can not make a pizza without a good brick oven. Rotary hot air forced ovens can not make a pizza.

Shows more how GF people have no idea what good pizza even is. You can not make a pizza without a good brick oven. Rotary hot air forced ovens can not make a pizza.

It sounds like you're a food snob. The pizza is good, even compared to the likes of Cossetta's and other pizza places down in the cities. I think you're letting the fact that they don't have a traditional pizza oven get to your head.

McDonald's #2 OR buy one get one free Big Mac, Coke.

Red Pepper everything grinder, cheese tostadas, tacos, burritos. Coke.

REA taco in a bag, Coke. Dippin Dots.

Whiteys Beer

Big Sioux Eggs and Hashbrowns, coffee.

All of the above can be ingested in just under 12hrs.

If Mrs Taz or the family insists, I'll take 'em to a fancy place like Italian Moon or Ground Round. You get free popcorn at Ground Round, which is pretty high end. Holiday Station has good beef jerky too.

taz

The Drunken Noodle in East Side is awesome... Great food. The New Dickie's BBQ is good as well.

Dickies was ok. I have eaten it twice and both times got brisket. I found on both occasions the brisket to be lacking of any seasoning and way to much fat. I hope that they can correct that moving forward. Otherwise some of their sidedishes and pulled pork were good.

• Upvote 1

We ate at Dickies here in Fargo and it had good food and a pretty good line too, I haven't heard anything bad about it. Gives a little more competition to Famous Dave's.

Toasted Frog, Blue Moose, Whitey's, Rhombus Guys, and Mama Maria's are all unique Grand Forks restaurants that are solid. JL Beers is a quickly expanding North Dakota original as well. Personally, my favorite place in town is the Parrot's Cay. Awesome wings, pasta, apps, and a good beer selection.

It sounds like you're a food snob. The pizza is good, even compared to the likes of Cossetta's and other pizza places down in the cities. I think you're letting the fact that they don't have a traditional pizza oven get to your head.

OK I am a food snob. Cossetta's pizza is not very good. I am a snob but I love dumpy Mexican and Vietnamese places though. Ate at a dumpy Vietnamese place on McDowell today, east of downtown Phoenix, because they have great bun bowls. Love to eat at Taquitos Jalisco or La Cocina Economica, both simple places with great food. For pho the Jade Dragon in Fargo is hard to beat. Pho 68 in Chandler is very good and so is Pho Saigon 8 in Las Vegas. All three throw away the MSG. Dinner tonight will be carne asada from Los Compadres of Las Vegas with fresh tortillias, guac, and sour cream from Pros Ranch Markets. Oh yeah at Taquitos Jalisco you get a beef tamale (home made), cheese enchilada, chile rellano, and a horchata for $5.99 plus tax. Anyone that tried this would never step into that crappy La Capan/Paradiso ever again for their canned refried beans.

I never understood why people think Rhombus is so good when they do not even have a pizza oven. As for Sanders I was just back there last week and ate there 4 out of the 6 nights I was there, they were closed the first 2 of them.

Rhombus is better in mentor anyway

Burger Time "double" ranks above that!

Burger Time is good...I remember when GF had Hamburger Heaven (think back to the late 80's early 90's). It was on the corner of N. Washington and 2nd Ave N. It was a car lot last I was up there. Gotta love burger joints that aren't a major chain.

Burger Time is good...I remember when GF had Hamburger Heaven (think back to the late 80's early 90's). It was on the corner of N. Washington and 2nd Ave N. It was a car lot last I was up there. Gotta love burger joints that aren't a major chain.

Burger Time. I think anyone can agree it is delicious.

• Upvote 1

Burger Time definitely delivers. I don't remember Hamburger Heaven. But, and this is going back a ways, who remembers the "Auto Dine" on Gateway? I think there was a 25% chance of food poisoning and vomiting all over Dad's car on the way home. Good times.

taz also misses River Bend EGF