SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-2013 Season

SWSiouxMN

This one will come down to I believe the goalies. We know what Rigsby can do for the Badgers, but it will be up to the freshman Amsley-Benzie to bring her A game for this one. Last time she faced the Badgers she turned 2 very good performances. We will need something very similar on Saturday. She has played extremely well (outside of Friday Night vs BSU) to finish the year.

I say the Lammys are on a mission (not from god :lol: ) and will lead them to a 4-2 Win on Saturday to get them into the finals and get that 8th spot in the NCAAs.

The 3 other games of interest

Hockey East Semis

Providence vs BU

Northeastern vs BC

ECAC Semis

Cornell vs St.Lawrence

Simply put a win by us plus BC,BU and Cornell wins gets us in no matter what we do against the Gophs.

I think it comes down to UND staying out of the penalty box this time and continue their great powerplay this weekend. The fact that eastern teams don't have an automatic 4 losses added to their schedule like WCHA teams because of a team like Minnesota really skews the records.

I for one would welcome Minnesota......you gotta play them anyway you look at it and right now they are ripe for the picking and our ladies are playing great hockey.

If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine.

But not this game. Not tonight.

Tonight, we skate with 'em.

Tonight, we stay with 'em, and we shut them down because we can! -- Idalski channelling his inner Herb Brooks.

I for one would welcome Minnesota......you gotta play them anyway you look at it and right now they are ripe for the picking and our ladies are playing great hockey.

I would welcome playing Minnesota as well, because it will mean we beat Wisconsin. I assume they don't play 3rd place games, do they?

If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine.

But not this game. Not tonight.

Tonight, we skate with 'em.

Tonight, we stay with 'em, and we shut them down because we can! -- Idalski channelling his inner Herb Brooks.

Hard work will always beat talent that doesn't work.

• Upvote 1

One point that strikes me...is Mercyhurst being ranked higher than both UND and UW is a joke. Their schedule is weak to begin with. They lost three of four to Robert Morris. When the played better teams like Clarkson or BC I think the best they could do was split...lost to Cornell. So they have wins against start ups Lindenwood, Penn State. Then struggling teams like Yale, Providence, Quinnipiac (1 tie). Mercyhurst is a pretender IMO. Mostly I'd like to avoid a WCHA rehash of UW or UND at Ridder for an NCAA q'final...but that's most likely exactly what the committee does with their goal of assuring only one WCHA team has a chance to make the final. If the NCAA had any stones they send UW or UND east and prove their the true 8th ranked team. My guess is either one could very well take out any of the higher ranked HE and ECAC teams.

One point that strikes me...is Mercyhurst being ranked higher than both UND and UW is a joke. Their schedule is weak to begin with. They lost three of four to Robert Morris. When the played better teams like Clarkson or BC I think the best they could do was split...lost to Cornell. So they have wins against start ups Lindenwood, Penn State. Then struggling teams like Yale, Providence, Quinnipiac (1 tie). Mercyhurst is a pretender IMO. Mostly I'd like to avoid a WCHA rehash of UW or UND at Ridder for an NCAA q'final...but that's most likely exactly what the committee does with their goal of assuring only one WCHA team has a chance to make the final. If the NCAA had any stones they send UW or UND east and prove their the true 8th ranked team. My guess is either one could very well take out any of the higher ranked HE and ECAC teams.

Merycyhurst is ranked 31 out of 39 for Strength of Schedule this year. UND is 6 and UW is 9. It all comes down to winning the games that are on your schedule and unfortunately UND didn't do that early in the year.

What this voting comes down to is if you play on a stacked team you'll get the votes. Total joke that a national award is only between three players from the same team. I'm sure they are all fine players but this is wrong.

As a rundown: Minnesota has been undefeated since February 7th of last year, the WCHA Final Face Off is at Ridder, the Frozen Four is at Ridder and all three Patty Kaz finalists are from Minnesota.

At the risk of sounding a little bitter, I don't know why any other women's team even bothered playing this season. :lol:

As a rundown: Minnesota has been undefeated since February 7th of last year, the WCHA Final Face Off is at Ridder, the Frozen Four is at Ridder and all three Patty Kaz finalists are from Minnesota.

At the risk of sounding a little bitter, I don't know why any other women's team even bothered playing this season. :lol:

Maybe they should play one skater short all the time. They have scored more shorthanded goals than power play goals given up.

Jocelyne holds the WCHA scoring record all-time and only makes all WCHA second team!!!??? This grudge held against the twins is really getting tiresome.

Embarrassing for the WCHA and women's hockey!

• Upvote 1

How the heck does Decker from UW get on the First Team as a forward with 38 points when JoLam had 54 points on the 2nd team? JoLam almost has as many assists as Decker has points.

That's ridiculous. I would guess that the Lammy twins don't put a lot of stock in these individual awards (especially since they have been shafted on them ever since they came to UND), but that is absurd.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely a travesty. Unless the twins went around and shot people's dogs....which I don't think happened.

This really makes the voters look stupid. Flat out. Hold a grudge...fine whatever. In the end there isn't two better players in college hockey than Monique and Jocelyn. Hands down. Think of the points they'd have if they stayed at Minnesota.....wow....

• Upvote 1

Voter fraud!! This has to be a crime in some way. The two leading scorers in the history of the WCHA which is the toughest league in the world to play in and make the Olympic team!!!??? What a joke. I don't care what they have done in the past to who or to what. Just on principal and stats alone they both should have been Kazmier finalists and first team All-WCHA. There should be an investigation by the NCAA. I am not kidding. I hope the Sioux women use this as a spring board for motivation this weekend and destroy the badgers and goofs.

• Upvote 1