SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-2013 Season

SWSiouxMN

True that splits aren't going to cut it. However, they have a lot of loaded talent and I'm sure there are kinks that need to be worked out and I'm sure it doesn't help that Karvinen has been out. She's been a large part of the chemistry with the Lamoureux sisters in the past. It's critical that the team gets things worked out in the next few games because teams in the WCHA already have a very hard time making the tournament. There are too many great teams.

I thought last year was suppose to be the year that we worked out the kinks? And this was the year that we punished people. As a fan who was really excited about this season- they've to me underachieved in the first 2 series. Their first 2 opponents aren't the cream of the crop of the league. People told me that Mankato showed they were a good team the way they played against Wisconsin, but my argument to that is this isn't the same wisco team of the last few years-they were hit hard by graduation. Honestly, i'm really surprised that we are 2 and 2 at this point. If you would have told me that would be our record after four games this year, before the season... I would have been a little dissapointed then, as i am now.

• Upvote 2

Splitting every series isn't going to cut it.

No, it sure won't.

Especially against two teams like MSUM and OSU. They should realistically be 3-1 or 4-0 at this point. Last year they had a bad habit of losing games that they should have won...it appears that has not been corrected as of yet.

I think this team has a very good shot at some hardware at the end of the year...but they need to step it up a bit. Getting Karvinen back should hopefully help.

I think it would have been good to have one exhibition prior to the Mankato series. Mankato had already played a weekend and that was the first for UND, could have contributed some to the 3rd period collapse. I think this team will continue to improve over this first month and getting Karvinen back should help that out. Come November I think you'll get a better read on what this team can do.

I think it would have been good to have one exhibition prior to the Mankato series. Mankato had already played a weekend and that was the first for UND, could have contributed some to the 3rd period collapse. I think this team will continue to improve over this first month and getting Karvinen back should help that out. Come November I think you'll get a better read on what this team can do.

I think it's not so much what they can do as what they can be counted on to do. We know they will play extremely well at least one game per series, but there is a lack of focus or discipline or something intangible that is holding them back more than lack of talent or exerience.

Just with the addition of the Dufault kid alone will make them a contender. She is the most dominating girls/womens player I have ever seen play and will make an immediate impact. In additon, if Shelby Amsley-Benzie can get the starting nod, look out! She is rock-solid.

Maybe Dufault can show her stuff this weekend againt Minnesota.

They are attempting to fill the entire lower bowl and break the attendance record at tomorrow's game. $1 gets you in the door, and that is if you aren't a Champions Club member who always gets in free. Hopefully there will be a good crowd to watch the ladies sweep the goofs this weekend.

Some really ticky-tacky calls in the 3rd period killed any chance of a comeback. The roughing call followed by the tripping were both incredibly weak. What gets me is how they could call that roughing but at the same time not call anything on the UM player actively kicking (blade first) at our player.

We certainly had chances against a good UM team, just couldn't finish.

I know nothing about women's hockey but the talent difference between UND and U of M seems to be be great!! When the twins leave after this year are we back to being as bad as we were before the twins?

I think the big difference is the defense. Minnesota has big, mobile defensemen, and the Sioux have a few that fill that bill, but otherwise they are a step slow. Bottom line is you need something from the twins in games like these, and they got nothing this weekend. To the contrary, they had some untimely penalties that hurt their chances of coming back. I'm hoping that Candace Molle can be added for the second half of the season, and the addition of Karvinen and Jensen, along with the progression of the rookies will narrow the gap between the two.

This weekend wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. As an avid follower of women's hockey, I thought UND would get dominated regardless. Saturday had a disappointing end because of the lapses in the last seven minutes of the game. Sunday was OK, but having the Lamoureux sisters take six penalties between the two of them does not help at all.

I think UND has the ability to compete and it's going to be more exciting as the season goes on because I think they will get better. Minnesota is on a ridiculous unbeaten streak dating back to late last season and they're very talented. UND put as many goals on Raty this weekend as she allowed all season prior to playing to UND. Even when a team can break through the MN defense, they've got to get it past Raty, too.