SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Goalies

siouxfan512

Your breakdown of Dell' s skill set is mostly spot on. There are a couple of things I would challenge;

First, I would classify his positioning as better than above average. From my view Dell had some of the best positioning I have ever seen on the college level.

Second I think it is a bit of an over statement to say he had "major" problems with puck control. While puck control was one if his weaknesses, I would put hiss skill in this area as more like slightly below average.

I will throw in one more of each a plus and a minus in the Dell assememt.

He did not have the big save element to his game. Mostly in the big glove category.

He did have very good psychology. He didn't get flustered very often and kept very cool under pressure. And attribute that is quite significant in the book of good tending.

So I think he has potential to get better and have some kind off pro career. He would probably be a good goalie coach as well.

I will throw on my SIOUX jersey and make the 25 mile trek north to the Budweiser Events Center and give him a cheer for the Sioux fans.

Fair. I like your added assessments....but his rebound control I will hold at my very low rating. Lucky for him he had Blood, Macw., and crew to swat away those rebounds. Your exactly right about the big play ability. He never bailed his team out that much....he could make the first save on an average shot but could not get to the upper corners quickly nor was he great with breakaways. But, again, I agree with your assessments.

Sorry to rain on your parade but the goalies you listed (I believe that was you) were great goalies on some pretty terrible teams before the made in further professionally. This simply weren't noticed or were drafted and stuck behind layers of good goalies in the minors. There is a big difference, Dell was on a great team. Lets get one thing straight here, while Dell wasn't terrible for us (except for the beginning of last year) by no means was he an absolute stud. He is a big goalie with above average positioning but has major puck control problems which most people that pay a lot of attention to the game can see. This is most likely why no AHL team signed him and why he bounced to the E a year early....because Gothberg will end of stealing his job and he will be out of other options.

Yep, it wasn't me who listed the goalies. I agree with you that Dell was not an absolute stud with us, nor do I think that he would jump from the ECHL to the NHL right away. He does have puck control issues, but I have seen goalies with worse problems wind up in the AHL after a few seasons or maybe not..it entirely depends on what a team sees.

Being from Colorado and having Eagles Season tickets, one thing is for sure. Dell will play in front of a packed building every night and get great support from the Eagles fans. The Colorado Eagles pack it in and I too will be there in my Sioux gear.

Then you will have to keep us updated with tidbits from the local paper.

He's still in the AHL and still posts a save % over .90 and a GAA under 3.00

He still wakes up screaming at night "Not Toews again!"

His treatment for excessive windburn from all the pucks whizzing by his head was done on an out-patient basis and Doctors, as well as Gofer fans, are hopeful for a full recovery. :)
  • Upvote 1

Brad Eidsness has decided to forgo pro hockey and will attend Law School at the University of Victoria in Vancouver.

“I really enjoyed hockey the last four years,” Eidsness said, “and anywhere I went wouldn’t be as good of an experience as the last four years. I had such good memories and knew it would be tough to top that so I decided it’s time. I’m really excited to go to law school.”

Brad Eidsness has decided to forgo pro hockey and will attend Law School at the University of Victoria in Vancouver.

Just how dang smart is this guy? I wonder if Canada have the same type of LSATs as here? I could just imagine his score. A bachelors and a masters, played hockey, all in four years is incredible.