SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Goalies

siouxfan512

What is all the debate for? Dell is not going anywhere soon since he will not be signed unless an ECHL team needs a goalie real bad.

Agreed, I may be wrong but isn't there one more week of Habs summer camp? After that they usually offer contracts. I ma be wrong on my timing so if that camp is already over, yes he would be coming back if no contract has been offered. Which I could live with, he'll end up splitting time with Gothberg.

• 1 month later...

My good source said Dell would not be back.

Not disputing your claims but wouldn't he have already said he wasn't coming back. As the time goes on and we don't hear from him regarding leaving then I expect him to be back. School starts August 20th and it is already August 13.

Edit. Reading Brad's Blog this morning it appears that there is about 1% chance Dell comes back. http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=91368

I just don't understand why he just doesn't make it public that he is not returning if he plans to not come back. I suppose he has his reason's and I just hope he isn't stringing the coaches along. Of course they could know everything already.

Not disputing your claims but wouldn't he have already said he wasn't coming back. As the time goes on and we don't hear from him regarding leaving then I expect him to be back. School starts August 20th and it is already August 13.

Edit. Reading Brad's Blog this morning it appears that there is about 1% chance Dell comes back. http://undhockey.are...es.com/?p=91368

I just don't understand why he just doesn't make it public that he is not returning if he plans to not come back. I suppose he has his reason's and I just hope he isn't stringing the coaches along. Of course they could know everything already.

Yeah, I'd say that if Brad is that plugged in to give it 1%, then the coaches probably have even more information. Hey, if Dell still needs a little leverage for negotiations, why not give him that edge when he has performed so admirably here. Not saying that is going on, but I am sure the coaches aren't in the dark for this upcoming season, and ultimately that is the key factor.

Yeah, I'd say that if Brad is that plugged in to give it 1%, then the coaches probably have even more information. Hey, if Dell still needs a little leverage for negotiations, why not give him that edge when he has performed so admirably here. Not saying that is going on, but I am sure the coaches aren't in the dark for this upcoming season, and ultimately that is the key factor.

Believe me....the coaches will not be worried with who they have coming in. There was no way Dell would be the sole starter with Gothberg (blue chip recruit) coming in. No matter who else is here....Gothberg starts at least half the games this year. Either way Dell or Saunders would get their minutes significantly cut. I'm sure Saunders has no problem with that but Dell's stock (being undrafted) would take a serious hit.

Edit. Reading Brad's Blog this morning it appears that there is about 1% chance Dell comes back. http://undhockey.are...es.com/?p=91368

I got the info from my neighbors who sit by me at Sioux games. They are like Dells second family after games . They hang out at CanadInn after games and have been doing so since he arrived here. She has yet to respond to me as to where he is going so I'm thinking she doesn't want to say as I'm sure Dell doesn't wants to say himself.

1. Did he complete his degree?

2. To imply that he left because he was afraid of having to compete with Gothberg (and/or Saunders) is preposterous.

3. What does his new wife do? Is this a move to further her work, or academic, career?

4. Lots of questions us armchair fans don't have the privy of answers to.

5. Good luck to Aaron in his future endeavors.

• Upvote 2

Via UND Men's Hockey twitter:

Eagles are a good team watched them play the Wranglers last year. Michael Fourney also played there. Good luck to Dell at $300-$400 a week and no shot to go further. As Choyt3 pointed out it good have something to do with his wife's work or education. Why else leave for that kind of money?

Eagles are a good team watched them play the Wranglers last year. Michael Fourney also played there. Good luck to Dell at $300-$400 a week and no shot to go further. As Choyt3 pointed out it good have something to do with his wife's work or education. Why else leave for that kind of money?

I believe his wife is a student at UND and still has a couple years left

I believe his wife is a student at UND and still has a couple years left

Well if that is the case maybe she wants to transfer to a school in Colorado. Or simply Dell thought he would not get enough playing time to get a better deal next year and decided to test the water now. Either way we all wish him luck.

Well if that is the case maybe she wants to transfer to a school in Colorado. Or simply Dell thought he would not get enough playing time to get a better deal next year and decided to test the water now. Either way we all wish him luck.

Yeah I think he saw the writing on the wall and I too wish him nothing but the best. He does leave with the most wins in a season at 30 when he was a sophomore. He was an above average goalie and a good kid.
  • Upvote 1

I wouldn't necessarily say that there is no shot to go further....a very small chance...yes.

The ECHL's website has a list of players who have played in the ECHL and in the NHL.

http://www.echl.com/alumni-s12397

That's really sad if that's what they make in the ECHL. I make more than that and I push buttons on a computer all day.