SiouxSports.com Forum

Buy or Sell

sioux24/7

I'd have to sell buddy. Most Bison fans believe 2013 is when we will reach our peak in this cycle. We will have a senior class that is ridiculously (and dangerously) large. Too much firepower in Fargo I believe.

I understand your concern, but in games when NDSU needed to score, they scored, outside of the YSU game and the title game. NDSU runs a conservative offense because of the great defense, if the great defense goes away and become average or just good, I imagine the offense would put up the points to compensate. UND may have 7 home games, but a game against Montana is never a good thing regardless of location.

And, losing to K-State would probably not hurt NDSU's ranking whatsoever. Much like when EWU lost to Washington. A loss at home to Montana State however...could complicate things.

We will also have some very good and experienced seniors that year as well, just not at qb though.... Hopefully somebody named Joe can pull through.

We will also have some very good and experienced seniors that year as well, just not at qb though.... Hopefully somebody named Joe can pull through.

I have no idea if NDSU will have the QB play to compete with the school up North... Oh wait. I forget the official NDSU offensive motto.

"In Brock We Trust."

Right now I'd sell UND finishing higher than NDSU in the forseeable future. NDSU coming off a national championship with a QB that just finished his Soph. year.....Give it three years at the very earliest.

I believe Joe from Detroit Lakes will be a very good player, but if he is by chance a bust the UND coaching staff better get three or more QB bodies into camp to find a guy that can lead an offense down the field.

Right now I'd sell UND finishing higher than NDSU in the forseeable future. NDSU coming off a national championship with a QB that just finished his Soph. year.....Give it three years at the very earliest.

I believe Joe from Detroit Lakes will be a very good player, but if he is by chance a bust the UND coaching staff better get three or more QB bodies into camp to find a guy that can lead an offense down the field.

Don't forget about Bartels

I have no idea if NDSU will have the QB play to compete with the school up North... Oh wait. I forget the official NDSU offensive motto.

"In Brock We Trust."

. It's ok, we all know you guys aren't used to having a qb that is actually good and can actually pass the ball

. It's ok, we all know you guys aren't used to having a qb that is actually good and can actually pass the ball

Hmm...NDSU has had a few good ones come through in the past. Ever heard of Bentrim? Simdorn? Couple of harlon hill winners there. Beachy?

Steve Walker> anyone to play QB at UND thus far.

Buy or sell UND has a better final ranking/season than Ndsu within 2 years

In the future, please word this type of questions as:

Buy or sell UND has a better final ranking/season than Montana within 2 years.

They are our new target and it keeps the Fargo riff raff to a minium.

thanks

In the future, please word this type of questions as:

Buy or sell UND has a better final ranking/season than Montana within 2 years.

They are our new target and it keeps the Fargo riff raff to a minium.

thanks

I don't try and pretend they're our chief rival.

You're welcome

Ever heard of the word pass?

Not entirely sure passing was required back when NDSU was putting up 40-50 points a game and walking through everyone on the way to National Championships.

Freund, Bowencamp, Colehour better than Walker.

haha I assume you are kidding. Steve Walker played against better competition and lit those teams up in a run-first offense.

Walker was an exceptionally good QB, but I'd say your statement is a stretch at best.

Add Klosterman to geaux_sioux's list.......................

Now I am positive you guys are kidding.

Walker was one helluva QB, tough to put him against a UND QB because of the different offensive systems that the teams employ.

I'd like to see what Walker would have done in the Mussman offense when Freund was under center. Going out of the gun on a majority of the passing downs, etc.

Hmm...NDSU has had a few good ones come through in the past. Ever heard of Bentrim? Simdorn? Couple of harlon hill winners there. Beachy?

Steve Walker> anyone to play QB at UND thus far.

Didn't they "run" the option not throw?

Buy or Sell: Somebody not named Greg Hardin will lead the team in rec. Yards

I'm selling this. Could be good or bad....could mean that UND has a dual threat.....or could mean our QB's can't get the football down the field, and Hardin doesn't have a good year.....

PS: Arden Beechy shows up in a buy or sell UND football thread? What? :huh:

I don't try and pretend they're our chief rival.

You're welcome

Until, they schedule a game - I have moved on to a new target - the Griz. please feel free to continue the debate with the Buffalo fans we don't have enough of those going on..

Until, they schedule a game - I have moved on to a new target - the Griz. please feel free to continue the debate with the Buffalo fans we don't have enough of those going on..

The only bad part about moving onto the Griz is that they probably look at MSU and EWU as their rivals.

Buy or Sell UND will win at both Montana AND Montana State(not necessarily in the same season) within the next 5 years.

Buy; Since the we have 5 seasons to do it this is not out of the question. They are the kings of the conference right now, but they are human too, they can be beaten. This is a very tough buy though because these teams are solid at home. If this question was the opposite, meaning we beat both of them at our house in the next 5 years then that would be a very safe buy.

Of course, but you still need to get the ball enough to be noticed.

Or return kicks. Anyway stats...

Freund Eff.167.68 Cmp-Att-Int 217-302-7 % 71.9 Yds 2379 TD 23 Avg. 237.9

Walker Eff.164.30 Cmp-Att-Int 166-248-10 % 66.9 Yds 2327 TD 20 Avg 211.5

So, those are the senior years. Tell me again how good Walker was. 'Oh it was against harder competition' doesn't count, Freund won at Northern Iowa so I'm pretty sure the stats are legit and would've been similar with NDSU's schedule. And remember those were Freund's numbers after Dressler graduated and after Chappell was ineligible so he had a true freshman at running back instead of one of the greatest in school history at WR and RB like Walker.

The only bad part about moving onto the Griz is that they probably look at MSU and EWU as their rivals.

This is great stuff. It only goes to show that given an opportunity we usually dream big. Johnboy, in my opinion you are both right on and misdirected.

'Right on' in that yes, the Griz probably do look at MSU & EWU as their rivals because for year in and year out those programs have ruled the BSC in football. But FSSD's comment suggests that UND pick the Griz as a rival, or rather make the Griz a focal point in achieving success. The bad part about moving onto the Griz this early in the game is that none of us has proven worthy yet to gain that respect. Case in point - my beloved Blazer fans see the Lakers as our despicable rivals, when in fact the Lakers could give a rat's ass about us. That's not a rivalry, that's like the Kansas City Royals calling out the Yankees!

Before we pick a dastardly villain to measure ourselves against, we need to strap it on game after game, season after season, and recreate the scenario. We want those teams looking at us as rivals.

Having said that, and getting back to the heart of this thread,

Buy or Sell, the game against the Vikings will be a wake up call to UND