SiouxSports.com Forum

Buy or Sell

sioux24/7

I really don't think it was all that much worse, sure at Montana was a hard game but they had a down year that year and SF was harder than Lamar and the free win against the D2 school was a wash with Mont Western and ME St was a lot worse than Drake. The FBS games are a wash also. I think it was harder but not by much.

That's my thinking also. I think some UND fans like to say it was "the hardest schedule in school history" to rationalize the 3-8 record. It probably was the toughest schedule they've played but not a lot harder than this last year's. The truth is that the 2011 team was significantly better than the 2010 version.

That's my thinking also. I think some UND fans like to say it was "the hardest schedule in school history" to rationalize the 3-8 record. It probably was the toughest schedule they've played but not a lot harder than this last year's. The truth is that the 2011 team was significantly better than the 2010 version.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this years schedule is the hardest in school history by far, even harder than the death march that was the 2010 season.

• Upvote 1

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this years schedule is the hardest in school history by far, even harder than the death march that was the 2010 season.

Yeah, it’s fairly safe to say this year's schedule is the toughest in UND history, but talent-wise this is also one of the better teams in UND football history. Of course, talent alone will not win you games. Team chemistry, coaching, and ultimately execution on the field is what gets it done. Hopefully this year's team can build some unity and do great things together.

Yeah, it’s fairly safe to say this year's schedule is the toughest in UND history, but talent-wise this is also one of the better teams in UND football history.

I like your optimism and I really hope you end up being right, but I think we should all be cautious about our expectations regarding the talent of this 2012 team right now.

They haven't done anything yet to prove that to be true. I hope they prove it on the field this year so I can join you in saying that though.

Buy Or Sell

Student Attendance improves and students actually stay for the whole game

Buy Or Sell

1 School record being broken (I am being very non-specific so it could be team, individual, attendence, etc...)

Easy buy on student attendance, staying for the game will be up to the team. Most of the home games were either against bad teams or kinda boring and frustration the past couple years. If the offense picks up where 2007 left off and is high octane then they will stay, they just need a reason.

Buy on school record, I'm thinking possibly Ross Brennemen on sacks, anyone know what the record is? Or if there is any place that provides such information?

Easy buy on student attendance, staying for the game will be up to the team. Most of the home games were either against bad teams or kinda boring and frustration the past couple years. If the offense picks up where 2007 left off and is high octane then they will stay, they just need a reason.

Buy on school record, I'm thinking possibly Ross Brennemen on sacks, anyone know what the record is? Or if there is any place that provides such information?

The Media Guide lists most records. I haven't looked to see if they have sacks on the list. You can find the Media Guide at UNDSports.com under Football.

I wouldn't say an easy buy on student attendence. Here in Fargo, even after a playoff run in 2010, 2011 wasn't much better for some games because the 2010 team went 9-5 and until the playoffs, wasn't always an exciting team to watch even though the 2011 team was exciting to watch. Just because attendence should go up for students, doesn't always translate. Especially in Grand Forks where football takes a backseat.

If UND is exciting to watch, student attendence may pick up, but if they aren't overly exciting, or lose a couple games early, student attendence will not be impressive.

Media guide has most single season and career records. As far as single season sacks, the record is held by Eric Schmidt who picked up 10 sacks during the 2001 season.

I wouldn't say an easy buy on student attendence. Here in Fargo, even after a playoff run in 2010, 2011 wasn't much better for some games because the 2010 team went 9-5 and until the playoffs, wasn't always an exciting team to watch even though the 2011 team was exciting to watch. Just because attendence should go up for students, doesn't always translate. Especially in Grand Forks where football takes a backseat.

If UND is exciting to watch, student attendence may pick up, but if they aren't overly exciting, or lose a couple games early, student attendence will not be impressive.

I'm not sure if you grasp just how poor the student section was last year. The attendance will improve purely because last year was the bottom of the trough. It wasn't long ago that we had a sick student section. The school will be putting more effort into getting students to games and the students will have something to cheer for for the first time since 2007.

• Upvote 1

Buy or Sell: first play for the UND offense will be a pass play (not specifying pass from or to whom just in general).

Maybe a little exaggerated but they shouldn't have to throw a pass all day against Mines, ram it down their throat all day long.

I'm not sure if you grasp just how poor the student section was last year. The attendance will improve purely because last year was the bottom of the trough. It wasn't long ago that we had a sick student section. The school will be putting more effort into getting students to games and the students will have something to cheer for for the first time since 2007.

It's been poor for a while, it's discouraging to get tickets on the 20 and the student section at the 50 is empty, what a waste.

Maybe a little exaggerated but they shouldn't have to throw a pass all day against Mines, ram it down their throat all day long.

I always forget our first game is not against PSU but SD Mines. I still consider that game an exhibition. Kinda like when UND plays Manitoba in hockey.

Buy or sell UND has a better final ranking/season than Ndsu within 2 years

I am going to go with buy but it will be in the second year. UND has 7 home games (that helps a lot) and I think NDSU has a tougher schedule in 2013 with Kansas State then a home game against Montana State, they are not St. Francis. (of course they do have a St. Francis like team in Western Carolina), but conference games at SDSU, at SIU, at ISU (blue) and at Youngstown...2013 could be an ugly year for NDSU if their defense falters because their offense hasn't been explosive.

I always forget our first game is not against PSU but SD Mines. I still consider that game an exhibition. Kinda like when UND plays Manitoba in hockey.

One has to wonder how the 7 DI win "requirement" will hold up when the playoff field expands to 24 in a couple years....................

Buy Or Sell

Student Attendance improves and students actually stay for the whole game

Buy Or Sell

1 School record being broken (I am being very non-specific so it could be team, individual, attendence, etc...)

The first one is a buy. Better opponents in the building should make things a tid bit more interesting. If they don't stay....nothing will make them stay.

The second one is a sell. Don't have the QB's to throw for a ton of yardage.....ground game will face stiff tests against bigger bodies....Hopefully its not a school record for most yardage given up in a game.... :lol:

Buy or sell UND has a better final ranking/season than Ndsu within 2

years

I'd have to sell buddy. Most Bison fans believe 2013 is when we will reach our peak in this cycle. We will have a senior class that is ridiculously (and dangerously) large. Too much firepower in Fargo I believe.

I am going to go with buy but it will be in the second year. UND has 7 home games (that helps a lot) and I think NDSU has a tougher schedule in 2013 with Kansas State then a home game against Montana State, they are not St. Francis. (of course they do have a St. Francis like team in Western Carolina), but conference games at SDSU, at SIU, at ISU (blue) and at Youngstown...2013 could be an ugly year for NDSU if their defense falters because their offense hasn't been explosive.

I understand your concern, but in games when NDSU needed to score, they scored, outside of the YSU game and the title game. NDSU runs a conservative offense because of the great defense, if the great defense goes away and become average or just good, I imagine the offense would put up the points to compensate. UND may have 7 home games, but a game against Montana is never a good thing regardless of location.

And, losing to K-State would probably not hurt NDSU's ranking whatsoever. Much like when EWU lost to Washington. A loss at home to Montana State however...could complicate things.