SiouxSports.com Forum

Buy or Sell

sioux24/7

I agree he still has plenty to prove, but I think it would be a stretch to say he "created" the 3-8 season in 2010. That was a culmination of things ranging from poor scheduling by the A.D., unprecedented attrition of recruits from the Lennon era, the nickname debacle, and just the DI transition as a whole.................

It wasn't just the unprecedented attrition of recruits from the Lennon era, the players he was playing were virtually all recruits from the Lennon era.

P. S. I liked Lennon a lot.

I agree he still has plenty to prove, but I think it would be a stretch to say he "created" the 3-8 season in 2010. That was a culmination of things ranging from poor scheduling by the A.D., unprecedented attrition of recruits from the Lennon era, the nickname debacle, and just the DI transition as a whole.................

Even so, I was at the Sioux Falls game, and there is no doubt in my mind he created that. Agreed that his timing for taking over was not good -

Buy or sell football winning more national championships this decade than hockey.

Sell. Hockey has been to the Frozen Four & football is only now becoming playoff eligible. Football is entering the arena that hockey has been playing in for decades.

Buy or Sell: UND football is undefeated at home in 2012.

Sell. Hockey has been to the Frozen Four & football is only now becoming playoff eligible. Football is entering the arena that hockey has been playing in for decades.

Buy. I see UND only losing on the road to SDSU, MSU and maybe EWU. UND is tough at home, players will be jacked to play tougher (now with playoffs on the line), and the crowd will be a lot bigger. Home field advantage will be making a return to the Alerus.

Buy or Sell: Jer Garman gets the second most touches out of the RBs.

Buy - I'm counting on him to come into fall camp bigger and faster and once the game starts slowing down for him he will be getting more touches than Sutton. Sutton should have a good year too if he stays healthy.

Buy - If we get through Portland St. with a win then the team will roll through the home games and they will be out for revenge against Poly and Montana.

Buy or sell UND has >1 All American after the season

I hope you are right. I was at the playoff game against UC Davis back in 01 and I was absolutely amazed at how loud that place can get. As someone posted in another thread, get ready for third and LOUD!

I was at that game too....that atmosphere is what I hope this season is going to be like. LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at that game too....that atmosphere is what I hope this season is going to be like. LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was the loudest place I've ever been in my life. Those nice tin walls bounce the sound to the field and the low ceiling holds the noise on the field. I was up in the cheap seats and it was like a riot up there.

Buy or sell UND has >1 All American after the season

Well, Ross Brenneman was named to the Beyond Sports College Networks Preseason All-America third team so he has a shot to finish as an All-American (3rd or 2nd team) if he has a good season. Zeb Miller could put up some big kicking numbers this season but that is a tough competition among many. I feel playing in the Big Sky will improve the chances of having multiple All-Americans in the future but ultimately it comes down to winning. Just about every good team has their best one or two players on an All-American team. Hopefully, we make some noise in our first Big Sky season and have two All-Americans but I only see one for this season. I'm sticking with only Brenneman. Sell

Well, Ross Brenneman was named to the Beyond Sports College Networks Preseason All-America third team so he has a shot to finish as an All-American (3rd or 2nd team) if he has a good season. Zeb Miller could put up some big kicking numbers this season but that is a tough competition among many. I feel playing in the Big Sky will improve the chances of having multiple All-Americans in the future but ultimately it comes down to winning. Just about every good team has their best one or two players on an All-American team. Hopefully, we make some noise in our first Big Sky season and have two All-Americans but I only see one for this season. I'm sticking with only Brenneman. Sell

Possibilities could be Brenneman, Bennett, Miller, Hansen, Hardin, and Mersereau (as PR)

That was the loudest place I've ever been in my life. Those nice tin walls bounce the sound to the field and the low ceiling holds the noise on the field. I was up in the cheap seats and it was like a riot up there.

I could barely hear my dad who was sitting next to me. I wish there was a meter to measure just how loud it was.

Buy or sell UND becoming the top team in the Big Sky this decade

Buy...Roger Thomas turned a dismal program in 1986 to NCC champs in 1993. I think Muss can do that with more talent than Roger had. The league is tougher than the old NCC but this team has overcome obsticles before to rise to the top. I think we will have at least a couple BSC titles by 2020.

Buy or sell UND becoming the top team in the Big Sky this decade

Three Sylables. Montana. UND could win conference titles or what have you. But overtaking Montana as "The" program in the Big Sky would be exceptionally difficult.

Three Sylables. Montana. UND could win conference titles or what have you. But overtaking Montana as "The" program in the Big Sky would be exceptionally difficult.

I look at Montana as the NDSU of the NCC...remember the 80's title after title...top dog every year, then what happened. Down went the ship and a new leader (UND) was born. Montana can't stay at the top forever, eventually they will be overrun.

I look at Montana as the NDSU of the NCC...remember the 80's title after title...top dog every year, then what happened. Down went the ship and a new leader (UND) was born. Montana can't stay at the top forever, eventually they will be overrun.

Montana has done this to the Big Sky since the 80's I believe. Tons of playoffs, wins, etc. And in their case, aboubt 25,000 fans at their games. And football is their baby. They won't allow UND or any Big Sky team to be consistently better than them.

Montana has done this to the Big Sky since the 80's I believe. Tons of playoffs, wins, etc. And in their case, aboubt 25,000 fans at their games. And football is their baby. They won't allow UND or any Big Sky team to be consistently better than them.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Given Montana's emphasis on football, UND should just hope to consistently be around the same level as Montana. That doesn't mean UND can't beat Montana and win Big Sky conference titles, but I don't necessarily expect UND to replace Montana as the conference power.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Given Montana's emphasis on football, UND should just hope to consistently be around the same level as Montana. That doesn't mean UND can't beat Montana and win Big Sky conference titles, but I don't necessarily expect UND to replace Montana as the conference power.

I'm sensing that UND is going to be placing more emphasis on the football program. If that happens watch out.

I'm sensing that UND is going to be placing more emphasis on the football program. If that happens watch out.

At this point, there is nothing to suggest UND is willing to put Montana-like emphasis on football, or is even capable of it. Nothing wrong with that, most teams aren't capable of it.

At this point, there is nothing to suggest UND is willing to put Montana-like emphasis on football, or is even capable of it. Nothing wrong with that, most teams aren't capable of it.

Based off of what? If you are going to make a declarative statement, maybe throw a fact or two in.

Just looking at UND's financials (300 million endowment) and a couple alumni with deep pockets I would say UND is capable. It is more a matter of executing.

Based off of what? If you are going to make a declarative statement, maybe throw a fact or two in.

Just looking at UND's financials (300 million endowment) and a couple alumni with deep pockets I would say UND is capable. It is more a matter of executing.

That's the trouble with you guys you think money is the real key to success. Money is only one ingredient in the mix.