SiouxSports.com Forum

Buy or Sell

sioux24/7

Ok. Last time I talk about this. The team is getting new all blacks. They are also repainting the helmets to be Kelly green to better match school colors.

So geaux_sioux, are they going to get new green jerseys too or keep their existing ones? Because I'm sure most would agree that the current green home jerseys are too baggy and need to be replaced with a better fit/new design. I'm okay with the pea green color as long as the helmets match. It just seems that the hockey jerseys have a bit brighter green than that of the football jerseys.

Buy- I would be very worried if the margin is below 42 points.

Buy or Sell- UND has a winning record on the road?

SDSU, Sac State, MSU, UNC, EW.... I think UND can beat UNC and Sac State the EW is my toss up on a winning record. I am going with....BUY!!

Buy or Sell- UND has at least one game in the snow.

So geaux_sioux, are they going to get new green jerseys too or keep their existing ones? Because I'm sure most would agree that the current green home jerseys are too baggy and need to be replaced with a better fit/new design. I'm okay with the pea green color as long as the helmets match. It just seems that the hockey jerseys have a bit brighter green than that of the football jerseys.

I know they're working on getting a Nike deal. Next year they are supposed to get new greens. But I do know for the blacks that they have already placed the order.

Buy or sell: Daryl Brown will lead the team in interceptions this season.

Buy with 4 ints. I'm hoping he comes into fall camp close to 180 lbs. His only weakness last year was his size/strength, put some meat on him and with his mean streak he will dominate WRs.

Buy or sell not including the SDSoM's game...UND will put 42+ points on the board.

Buy at least 2 times other than the Mimes game. I haven't been as excited for a UND offense since Dressler and Chappell were playing together.

Buy or sell a TE (Nichols or Adler or both) actually factoring in on the passing offense consistantly

Buy with 4 ints. I'm hoping he comes into fall camp close to 180 lbs. His only weakness last year was his size/strength, put some meat on him and with his mean streak he will dominate WRs.

Buy at least 2 times other than the Mimes game. I haven't been as excited for a UND offense since Dressler and Chappell were playing together.

Buy or sell a TE (Nichols or Adler or both) actually factoring in on the passing offense consistantly

Buy: Nichols

I know they're working on getting a Nike deal. Next year they are supposed to get new greens. But I do know for the blacks that they have already placed the order.

As long as they have a matching helmet-jersey combination this year, it won't be so bad. And of course, a black alternate will look awesome. I look forward to seeing these appearance changes!

Buy or sell not including the SDSoM's game...UND will put 42+ points on the board.

Buy or Sell- UND has a winning record on the road?

I don't believe UND will put up 42 in any game other than SDSoM&T. Last year, UND averaged 23 pts/gm vs. FCS competition. As for this year's FCS opponents, their defenses gave up:

Portland State: 30.4 pts/gm vs FCS

Sacramento State: 27.3 pts/gm vs FCS

Cal Poly: 26 pts/gm vs FCS

Eastern Washington: 30.2 pts/gm vs FCS

N. Arizona: 26.6 pts/gm vs FCS

Montana: 18.2 pts/gm vs FCS

Montana St: 23.3 pts/gm vs FCS

Southern Utah: 22.9 pts/gm vs FCS

N. Colorado: 34.9 pts/gm vs FCS

Eastern Washington, Northern Colorado, and Portland State had the worst defensive PPG last year; however, UND plays 2 of the 3 on the road. Braden Hansen will improve this offense along with a healthy Mitch Sutton, improved Jer Garman, and freshman Jameer Jackson, but I don't see a 10 + pt increase in our offensive ppg. Maybe a touchdown giving us an average of 30 ppg, which would still be impressive. Hopefully we can put up ~ 35 pts at home. So I sell the 42 + pts this season. If UND is going to be successful this year, it wont be because they outscore their oppoenents but rather because UND plays solid defense. The team is more geared towards that side of the ball anyways. Also, UND is still a run first team with 3 capable ball carriers.

As for the road, I see UND going 2-3. I hope they can pull off an upset win at Montana State, Eastern Washington, or San Diego State, but I still see them going 2-3. Don't be surprised if UND drops the game versus Sac St. but picks up an upset vs. MSU or EWU. So I sell a winning road record, but I expect either a 5-1 or 6-0 home record!

Hansen will improve Seth Nichols receiving numbers. I see Nichols with maybe 3 TD receptions. Buy Nichols as a consistent threat in the passing game.