SiouxSports.com Forum

Buy or Sell

sioux24/7

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

First offensive play of the year........Santiago out wide.....with Brady and JJ in the backfield.  Ok, probably don't waste that surprise on the first game of the year....or maybe not even the second game.   But hope we see something like that a few times this year.  

A few times this year? ... how about 10 to 15 times each game?

Such a concept is not wild in this current era of spread out football; it is taboo for Rudolph and UND football, though (?).

Concept: put speed (Santiago) in space (out wide) and power in backfield (Oliviera, Johannesson).

6 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Such a concept is not wild in this current era of spread out football; it is taboo for Rudolph and UND football, though (?).

Concept: put speed (Santiago) in space (out wide) and power in backfield (Oliviera, Johannesson).

I agree, should definitely be more than a few times during the year.  Should be multiple times each game.  I'm hoping now that Bubba is more involved with the offense he will pull Rudolph out of his shell more.   I am cautiously optimistic about it......but also not holding my breathe on it either.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

After Norberg went down at fullback, the talent level at that position dropped dramatically.  If we have someone like Norberg, let's use a full back set.  If we don't, move DeVore there as an H-back, JJ as an offensive threat, go without a FB, or use a FB sparingly as a battering ram (if we have one tough enough).

I am not anti fullback, I am anti average level fullback.  When Norberg smashed the Richmond LB that was an awesome and effective play, sends a message.  But without that type of player, gotta move on from traditional full back sets. (paging Rudy)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

I agree, should definitely be more than a few times during the year.  Should be multiple times each game.  I'm hoping now that Bubba is more involved with the offense he will pull Rudolph out of his shell more.   I am cautiously optimistic about it......but also not holding my breathe on it either.  

The fact that this hasn't crept into Rudolph's brain so far is just unbelievable.  The fact that Bubba hasn't forced it into his skull so far is even more unbelievable.  Hopefully this year will be different.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
14 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Okay guys I want some normalcy and some sports talk. What's your guys Buy or Sells for the 2020 season? I will start

Buy or Sell: All 3 of Schuster, Vaughn and Neal will play this year.

Buy

There will be a blowout where all 3 get in on the action. 

5 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Okay guys I want some normalcy and some sports talk. What's your guys Buy or Sells for the 2020 season? I will start

I'll buy that.  Given true freshman can now play four games, I think Neal will get in there at some point......hopefully not out of necessity due to injury, more just to get him some live reps in a mop up duty scenario.  This is assuming he ends up being QB #3.  It will be the first time in many years we had a true battle at QB spot.  Ever since Studs was a sophomore....we pretty much new each year who would be the starter going into the year. 

12 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Buy. For sure two of them will play in the Valpo game. 

4 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Sell.  Its only going to be harder this year.  

Yeah I think you're right. I think we will seen improved o-line play but being in the MVFC this year will give us challenges running the ball.

Buy or Sell - Garrett Maag has a 1,000 yards receiving.

3 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Yeah I think you're right. I think we will seen improved o-line play but being in the MVFC this year will give us challenges running the ball.

Sell. Mostly because I hope the offense shares the wealth so well that this doesn’t happen. 

4 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Sell - Magg is good but others step up including another wide out and our passes to tight ends and backs out of the backfield 

5 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Need Maag, and a few others to have monster seasons.  I’ll buy the 1000 yards.

Who's going to be the starting quarterback for this team. Also I have no idea what we have for talent at quarterback and what type of talent we have. I look at the present roster and i see 3 very young people competing for quarter back. So someone put analysis forth on what we can expect from quarterback and will we be able to throw the football with these prospects. I would prefer to have some experience there at the quarterback position but that doesn't look to be the case for this year.  Schuster played some last year but didn't set the world on fire either. I got to believe if were going to win MV will need to be able to pass the football just to many good defenses in MV to rely on running game need to be able to mix it up to have good offense in this conference. 

1 hour ago, ND-fan said:

Who's going to be the starting quarterback for this team. Also I have no idea what we have for talent at quarterback and what type of talent we have. I look at the present roster and i see 3 very young people competing for quarter back. So someone put analysis forth on what we can expect from quarterback and will we be able to throw the football with these prospects. I would prefer to have some experience there at the quarterback position but that doesn't look to be the case for this year.  Schuster played some last year but didn't set the world on fire either. I got to believe if were going to win MV will need to be able to pass the football just to many good defenses in MV to rely on running game need to be able to mix it up to have good offense in this conference. 

Honestly there’s nothing to analyze. It’s nothing but guessing at this point.

• Upvote 3