SiouxSports.com Forum

Buy or Sell

sioux24/7

Buy or sell darryl brown as the only returning starter at DB this year?

If you are talking who are getting the reps when the dust settles at the end of the year then I buy for sure. I like the two new Safeties, and Butler being able to play has to be a plus. Isn't the other Brown supposed to be pretty good CB as well?

Buy or Sell: Marcus Hendrickson becomes a target / weapon at a position other than QB this year.

Sell. Only other position he would play is wide receiver, and there he won't crack the top 5 (Hardin, McGill, Ivery, Townsend, & Jackson). However, one thing that I could see happening is a change-up offensive package with him at QB executing designed QB runs. It would be similar to what Mussman had Goska do when Landry and Bradley were the starting QBs and Goska was the backup with running ability.

Buy or sell darryl brown as the only returning starter at DB this year?

It might change mid-season, but to start the year either Chris Hall or Chavon Mackey will start at the other corner spot. Of course, Kenny Watkins was the other CB last season so really anyway you look at it there will be 3 new starters...

If you are talking who are getting the reps when the dust settles at the end of the year then I buy for sure. I like the two new Safeties, and Butler being able to play has to be a plus. Isn't the other Brown supposed to be pretty good CB as well?

That's why I was going to buy it because I think Dwayne Brown is supposed to be pretty good.

Sell. Only other position he would play is wide receiver, and there he won't crack the top 5 (Hardin, McGill, Ivery, Townsend, & Jackson). However, one thing that I could see happening is a change-up offensive package with him at QB executing designed QB runs. It would be similar to what Mussman had Goska do when Landry and Bradley were the starting QBs and Goska was the backup with running ability.

I hope not. I'm tired of "wildcat" type schemes. Everybody knows when the "wildcat" QB comes in, it is going to be a running play. Just a matter of which direction....................

• Upvote 1

I hope not. I'm tired of "wildcat" type schemes. Everybody knows when the "wildcat" QB comes in, it is going to be a running play. Just a matter of which direction....................

I agree; I'm not a fan of the “wildcat” offense either. It’s typically a momentum killer (i.e. drive killer), but Mussman/Breitbach do have a history of using it so we'll see.