SiouxSports.com Forum

Buy or Sell

sioux24/7

Saw this over on EWU's forum. Thought it would be fun so here's what it is. I will start us off with a scenario, then you respond to it and explain why, and then you make your own scenario up.

Buy or Sell: Jake Miller will rush for 1,000+ yards.

Buy, he almost did it with Brent Goska and Joey Bradley leading a putrid passing attack. He faced up to 9 guys in the box. Buy.

Buy or sell 2 true freshman getting shirts pulled next year.

Buy, he almost did it with Brent Goska and Joey Bradley leading a putrid passing attack. He faced up to 9 guys in the box. Buy.

Buy or sell 2 true freshman getting shirts pulled next year.

Sell - the greatest needs are in the secondary and only two scholarship recruits. I like the recruiting class, but four JUCO/FBS transfers were brought in with this class to fill the needs (DL, LB, QB, S).

Miller - 1,000 - Sell - Backfield is deep, they are going with a committee this year. Miller, Sutton and Jar all had injuries last year with a lighter schedule. You will see those three plus - Bridges and Sparks this year.

Buy or sell - avg attendance over 10,000

Sell - the greatest needs are in the secondary and only two scholarship recruits. I like the recruiting class, but four JUCO/FBS transfers were brought in with this class to fill the needs (DL, LB, QB, S).

Miller - 1,000 - Sell - Backfield is deep, they are going with a committee this year. Miller, Sutton and Jar all had injuries last year with a lighter schedule. You will see those three plus - Bridges and Sparks this year.

Miller Over 1,000= Sell

Redshirts Pulled= Sell

Average Attendance= Buy

Buy or Sell- Greg Hardin goes for over 1,000 yards on the year.

Bridges is a WR not a RB

Miller Over 1,000= Sell

Redshirts Pulled= Sell

Average Attendance= Buy

Buy or Sell- Greg Hardin goes for over 1,000 yards on the year.

Attendance Buy - every game other than Mimes means something unlike the past few years

Hardin Buy -There are a bunch of good WRs but he was too good to be covered in the spring, even Daryl Brown had issues with him, and will have others to take the defensive focus off of him.

Buy or Sell Braden Hansen over 3000 passing yards and 30 TDs

Buy or Sell: Sutton misses multiple games due to injury

Buy or Sell: North Dakota finishes over .500 conference play

Buy - Sutton missing multiple games - physical runner who will get dinged up throughout the season.

Sell - UND over .500 - I think .500 is about right. Think about the FCS QBs they play against this year.

PSU - junior college transfer Collin Ramirez - a highly rated transfer. http://www.oregonliv...ly_establi.html

Sacramento St. - Nevada Reno transfer Mason Magleby - he was the backup last year at Nevada - limited playing time.

Cal Poly - Broadous - 3 year starter

Eastern Washington - Kyle Padron - SMU transfer http://www.dallasnew...-washington.ece

Northern Arizona - Gary Crossart - returning starter - 2700 yrds 16 td - 7 int

Montana - Johnson - if he plays - very good.

Montana St. - DeNarius McGhee

Southern Utah - Brad Sorensen - BYU - transfer - 3 year starter

Northern Colorado - Seth Lobato - returning starter- transfer from CU - big kid with a strong arm.

UND will be playing some talented QBs with a young secondary.

Buy - Sutton missing multiple games - physical runner who will get dinged up throughout the season.

Sell - UND over .500 - I think .500 is about right. Think about the FCS QBs they play against this year.

PSU - junior college transfer Collin Ramirez - a highly rated transfer. http://www.oregonliv...ly_establi.html

Sacramento St. - Nevada Reno transfer Mason Magleby - he was the backup last year at Nevada - limited playing time.

Cal Poly - Broadous - 3 year starter

Eastern Washington - Kyle Padron - SMU transfer http://www.dallasnew...-washington.ece

Northern Arizona - Gary Crossart - returning starter - 2700 yrds 16 td - 7 int

Montana - Johnson - if he plays - very good.

Montana St. - DeNarius McGhee

Southern Utah - Brad Sorensen - BYU - transfer - 3 year starter

Northern Colorado - Seth Lobato - returning starter- transfer from CU - big kid with a strong arm.

UND will be playing some talented QBs with a young secondary.

I think if Braden Hansen had transferred to another big sky school we'd be making a bigger deal of him than those you just listed. The only ones that worry me are Johnson and McGhee since we always have trouble with dual threat QBs

Buy - it seems like he has a clear path to be a stud.

Buy or Sell: Jameer Jackson will catch 5+ TDs?

Buy - Jameer will be a redzone nightmare mismatch. Too big for any DB and bigger than alot of LBs. He will crush DBs on fades.

Buy or Sell Ross Brenneman having 10+ sacks

I buy them being better then 7. I believe that they have the pieces they need outside of the secondary. If they find that piece they could finish as high as 4.

Buy or Sell The Sioux are better as a team now then Montana was two years ago.( just to get a sence after the lost down there)

Buy - Jameer will be a redzone nightmare mismatch. Too big for any DB and bigger than alot of LBs. He will crush DBs on fades.

Buy or Sell Ross Brenneman having 10+ sacks

We've had big WR's before who haven't dominated in the redzone. I hope Jameer is different!

Me too!

We have had some receivers of decent size in recent years, but none with the athletic ability or "thickness" of Jackson...................

Between Jackson and Townsend I've never seen wrs that big and strong. And we've got more big boys coming in this fall. Redzone here we come.