SiouxSports.com Forum

Volleyball 2012... FIRST YEAR BIG SKY!

SWSiouxMN

I noticed that. I think they painted the court before the new logos came out. Seems like a dumb thing to do to paint the old logo on the court knowing that a new one was coming.

I do however like the interlocking ND in the middle!!

court looks great (good mix of black and green and white) but please tell me that that old bsc logo isn't staying there all year? plus it still doesn't look like they have the other bsc banners from the other member schools?

The thing that strikes me about the team this year is the inconsistency. They have stretches where they look absolutely great and could they keep it up, they'd dominate much like last year's team. But then they hit stretches where there is poor communication, no challenge at the net, or just plain old mental errors. One other thing that struck me was that we don't have that one person that can consistently put down kills. Lexi Robinson is the closest we come, in my opinion, but she'll either hit long or directly at someone about a third to a half of the time.

Hopefully they improve throughout the year and can fix some of the inconsistencies.

The thing that strikes me about the team this year is the inconsistency. They have stretches where they look absolutely great and could they keep it up, they'd dominate much like last year's team. But then they hit stretches where there is poor communication, no challenge at the net, or just plain old mental errors. One other thing that struck me was that we don't have that one person that can consistently put down kills. Lexi Robinson is the closest we come, in my opinion, but she'll either hit long or directly at someone about a third to a half of the time.

Hopefully they improve throughout the year and can fix some of the inconsistencies.

How was the crowd last night? Quantity, noise level?

They announced the crowd at 700+, can't remember the exact number but in the 700's. They were pretty quiet a lot of the time, but whenever we scored a good point or were on set point they'd get a bit louder. Definitely heard the Betty louder and actually expected a bit bigger of a crowd for the conference opener.

Quality, Character win for the UND Ladies against what seemed to be a very defensively sound Weber State team!

I view it one other important way:

They learned something last Thursday v. MSU, namely, you can come back from down 2-1 on the road and win. It was a tough way to learn it, but they did.

Maybe not greatest quality or announcing, but it sure was nice to have ability to watch this. And was nice that I had no buffering. Even better it's all from the same spot instead of having to jump through every teams' hoops to see video feeds.

Great comeback ladies. Now a big match on Saturday as Idaho St. has killer stats and is 9-2.

• Upvote 1

That 4th set was about as bad and as good as I've seen the girls play this season. It was an amazing comeback and showed a whole lot of character.

Watching this team, I really think the team goes as Lexi Robinson goes. When she is pounding the ball, she gives a lot of energy and confidence to the rest of the team. I also think it gives the feeling that if nothing else works, set it for Lexi and she'll get a kill. Once they get confident they get aggressive, and as long as they stay aggressive they showcase the talent that they have.