SiouxSports.com Forum

Volleyball 2012... FIRST YEAR BIG SKY!

SWSiouxMN

The Big Sky Preaseason Volleyball Poll has been released. UNC is ranked #1. UND picked up one first place vote in the poll and ranked 4th.

Here is the link...

http://www.bigskycon...0813121022.aspx

The Sioux...er UND is only one point behind EWU for third place in the poll. It would be nice to see UND in the top three, but since they don't have a Senior on their roster this year and they are new to the BSC, fourth place isn't too bad of a spot to be placed. I do expect them to be battling it out for the conference championship and a trip to the tournament though.

• Upvote 1

The Big Sky Preaseason Volleyball Poll has been released. UNC is ranked #1. UND picked up one first place vote in the poll and ranked 4th.

Here is the link...

http://www.bigskycon...0813121022.aspx

The Sioux...er UND is only one point behind EWU for third place in the poll. It would be nice to see UND in the top three, but since they don't have a Senior on their roster this year and they are new to the BSC, fourth place isn't too bad of a spot to be placed. I do expect them to be battling it out for the conference championship and a trip to the tournament though.

What happened to Kaci Miller? She was listed as a junior last year. I thought, at 6'3" tall, she might get a real shot to contribute this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wasn't in the cards against one of the toughest teams in the nation. UND drops final set 25-21. So sets went 25-20, 25-23, 25-21 for USC. A first year Division I tournament eligible team takes an established VB powerhouse and drops 20+ on them in each set in their first match of the year. It's probably all down hill from here for UND until tourney time, if that's in the cards. Way to make us proud, ladies!

I will be thrilled if we can come out of this weekend 1-2. I will be absolutely through-the-roof ecstatic if we can make it 2-1. After seeing how they played this morning against #5 in the nation, UND should be able to notch a win against these solid teams. Just don't get complacent!