SiouxSports.com Forum

Can we change the Sicotoka status?

Goon

There certainly wasn't any attempt to have anyone have any secret roles, but those titles aren't just arbitrarily assigned, they're actual security groups that convey certain powers to the people put into them.

Members was the correct group for the account "The Sicatoka", because he didn't actually perform direct moderation, but instead helped keep an eye on things because he was such a frequent visitor to so many of the forums. He then discussed potential trouble with me and the mods and we'd carry out any necessary actions.

If the underlying concern is one of "secret police", one rule that we all try to abide by is not directly moderating discussions that we're active in, but instead bringing them to the attention of other mods for a second opinion. That should prevent you from suffering any retaliatory moderation from coming down on the wrong side of an argument with a mod.

Why change it?

Anyone can ask folks to abide by the terms and conditions of the board.

If you'd prefer I could have Jim give me an Administrator account and then I could start tossing out suspensions for violations like cheap bubble gum at a Fourth of July parade. Would that be better? :D

Why change it?

Anyone can ask folks to abide by the terms and conditions of the board.

If you'd prefer I could have Jim give me an Administrator account and then I could start tossing out suspensions for violations like cheap bubble gum at a Fourth of July parade. Would that be better? :D

If you're a "Moderator" why not wear the title? That would be fine too :) just don't suspend me. :)

We could call you "Bruce McLeod" then. :lol:

• Upvote 1