SiouxSports.com Forum

'SU Football Alum Stacy Robinson

ScottM

Real sad to lose someone so young who was working to make a lot of people's lives better.....I remember watching him play as well. Bison ran the Veer back then so he was dangerous in 2 ways in that teams had to crowd the line of scrimmage and they would run the option and pull up and hit him deep and he was a devastating blocker...had to be a little unnerving playing D on the edge knowing that a guy with 4.2 speed was running full speed down the line of scrimmage to deliver a crackback block.

Wow. Tough times in the NDSU football community right now. Chris Carlson who played in the late 80's, early 90's passed away over the weekend. Great ND athlete from Dickinson and by all accounts a great guy. Didn't know him real well(played softball against him), but have quite a few friends who are taking this pretty hard.

I graduated two years behind Chris. I looked up to him and respected his kind, quiet approach to life and how he modestly handled his academics and athletic abilities. He never boasted, he never put anyone down unnecessarily and he always acted like he'd been there before -- no matter how many TD passes he threw for or yards he rushed for or three-pointers he drained or sprint relays he helped dominate. The Dickinson High-Fargo South rivalry (a David v. Goliath situation on paper) was a hot one at the time. Chris evened things up considerably for the littel guy out west against the big metro, rife with specialized athletes.

God bless you, Chris. Rest In Peace.

For those that occasionally wander over to Bisonville, Chris posted under the name Notorius.

Also our radio voice, Scotty Miller, was just diagnosed with melinoma. He's getting treatment right now and hopes to take back his Redhawks broadcasting duities by the end of the month. As petey said, not a great time in the Bison family right now.

Thoughts and prayers go out to all familis and friends. I grew up a few blocks away from Chris and his family and they were fantastic people. I heard about this early yesterday morning and was in shock. May God be with the Carlson, Miller and Robinson family.

• Upvote 1