SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Fans at the FF

ScottM

Even though our boys have decided to give the others a chance at a banner, :) I was wondering which Sioux fans are going to make it to the Frozen Four, and maybe we could find a place to meet and put faces to names. I know a few people have posted their intentions on different threads, but I thought it might be better to have a consolidated thread.  

Have a good weekend.

Good idea, Scott.   I think I'll be there for Thursday's games, but I don't know the "X" very well, so I couldn't suggest a meeting place.  I'll follow this thread, though, and show up at a designated site, if possible.

I'll be there with a few friends.  We have 4 seats in Club level.

Look for ol' #87 in the Road Green.

As for our plans, we will, as most people, be looking for someplace we can walk to between the Thurs games where we can eat/drink.  Our last resort might be driving to Famous Dave's on 7th to hang there.  We all like that place, but we don't want to have to re-park the vehicle and pay the additional $$.  Plus, it will be packed and one could lose a choice parking spot if not careful.  So we plan to walk somewhere.

I'm don't know where that can be but highly doubt it will be any of the bars close by the arena (McGoverns, Reid's, etc because they get SO packed SO fast).

However, my friends are all big Sioux fans and I think they would enjoy meeting up with others if it was to work out.

Sans other plans, I was going try and figure out a number of nice eating and drinking establishments several blocks from the X that we can walk to that won't be as crowded and difficult to get into and out of (especially into) as the real close in and popular options.

I managed to get some tickets from a BC fan whose wife decided they were going to Ireland instead.  :)  Section 111, Row 22, 8-9.  Got scrubbed in the drawing.  

I think there will be plenty of places close by to walk to between the first and second games.  I think many local Minnesota fans aren't going to the first game, given some postings on different boards, so it may not be too bad except in the usual "popular" spots.  Driving/parking in St. Paul is going to be a nightmare, more than usual, so I'm planning to find a spot in the morning and leave my car there all day if possible.  

It might make sense to figure out a spot to meet at the X at some point and perhaps head on over to some place for food, etc. We could also just designate a spot as de facto "Sioux FF Headquarters" and just meet there between/after the games.  ;) I'm not all that familiar with DT St. Paul's offerings outside of the usual Wild Tymes, Tom Reid's, etc.  but I'll check this weekend and post some possible spots.

Don't know anything about the photoshoot stuff.

My small group is planning a walk down to Alary's for a pop or 2.  Our meal plans are flexible.

If there's food that fits our desires at Alarys and we enjoy it there we may stay there an eat, returning for the game.

Otherwise we will make a decision to move on to an eating establishment of our choice before the eve game.

Hope to meet some of you at Alary's!

I am in section C18.  There will be 4 of us Sioux fans in Sioux jerseys sitting together.

I have a green road jersey (previous logo) with 87 on the back.  Say hi anytime.

Whoever gets to Alarys first should try to arrange for seating for several people as it sounds like besides my group of 4 Sioux (and there will probably be 2 gopher fans with us) there will be 4-5 others coming as well.  Hopefully more.

Looks like Digger, ScottM, forecheck, maybe Rick might be there.

Anyone else???  Goon, jk, etc???

Alarys was a good bar.  Talked briefly with some Sioux fans that Kiork had referred over.

Took off later to grab a bite somewhere else.  Sorry I missed everybody else.

Our little group might make Alarys our between games stop from now on.  Far enough to avoid the crowds.

Hey I keep checking in on this page to follow the team because there seem to some very informed Sioux fans on this sight. I see you were all at Alary's.  I was at Alarys between the games!  Wish I could of talked to you guys and thanked you for keeping this sight going. Sorry about the fact that there was only one waitress working there.  Its usually a little better than that!  Tell me it didn't hurt to see the overtime game played between period breaks on Saturday night!  I realized at that point that I'm still not over the loss.  Hope you guys had a good time in the Capital City!!

It hurt no less than it did for the gopher fans watching the 89 game on Thurs.  Except they got to win a few minutes later.

Always, hurts to watch the Sioux lose that game but i still love watching the 3rd period of regulation.  It would hurt far more if our team had been expected to win that game and we choked it away.  I was pretty happy that they clawed and scratched to get as far as they did.  

They did pretty good, didn't they!   ;)  :)