SiouxSports.com Forum

Coaching Staff Change

puck

pretty sure that isn't going to happen as rumor is there is another former sioux player that is going to be named the new assistant (associate head coach)there

I've heard the same. Maybe someone who has a history coaching the Lincoln Stars, Fargo Force, and St. Cloud State... :whistling:

Gotcha... ;)

If you are the real Hrkac that is awesome. I was a huge fan as a kid growing up watching the Hrkac Circus. As a matter of fact you gave me one of your christian brothers wood hockey sticks during a meet the players event. That thing was my pride and joy until it was lost in the flood of 97.

If you are the real Hrkac that is awesome. I was a huge fan as a kid growing up watching the Hrkac Circus. As a matter of fact you gave me one of your christian brothers wood hockey sticks during a meet the players event. That thing was my pride and joy until it was lost in the flood of 97.

You couldn't rescue it before the water came, huh?

no no no, i'm not. that really sucks about the CB sticks tho...

You couldn't rescue it before the water came, huh?

I know, we put the sticks in the rafters of the basement, little did we know at the time the water would fill up the basement and make it to the main floor. Miss that stick.

Brings back very sad memories for me as well...I was in college (at a neighboring/WCHA rival University) and when I came back to help and went into my old room (which was in the basement) and realized that all of those childhood items were gone- it was tragic. Although I didn't have a Hrkac stick...

Please let it be Jerry York. He doesn't even need to coach; we just pay him to NOT coach. Anywhere. It's the NOT coaching part of the contract that I would be particularly interested in. I'm happy to contribute to said contract...

"Coaching Relationship: During the term of this Agreement ("Term"), Assistant Coach ("York") will provide absolutely NO coaching services (the “Services”) to this University or any other NCAA affiliated institution, collegiate athletic program, professional organization, youth association, or any other sporting entity as described on Exhibit A attached to this Agreement and incorporated herein by reference (the “Scope of Not Coaching”), as such Scope of Not Coaching may NOT be modified at any time by any addendum signed by either party or any other Person of Interest hereto. York shall use York's best efforts to NOT perform any Services such that the results are satisfactory to the University."

Followed by: "Term and Termination. York shall serve as an Assistant Coach to the University for a period commencing on the date hereof and terminating on April 9th, 2062; provided, however, the Coaching relationship shall terminate prior to such date if University successfully attains National Championship status in Men's Ice Hockey in no less than forty-eight (48) of forty-nine (49) attempts."

No charge for this legal counsel.

taz

"Coaching Relationship: During the term of this Agreement ("Term"), Assistant Coach ("York") will provide absolutely NO coaching services (the “Services”) to this University or any other NCAA affiliated institution, collegiate athletic program, professional organization, youth association, or any other sporting entity as described on Exhibit A attached to this Agreement and incorporated herein by reference (the “Scope of Not Coaching”), as such Scope of Not Coaching may NOT be modified at any time by any addendum signed by either party or any other Person of Interest hereto. York shall use York's best efforts to NOT perform any Services such that the results are satisfactory to the University."

Followed by: "Term and Termination. York shall serve as an Assistant Coach to the University for a period commencing on the date hereof and terminating on April 9th, 2062; provided, however, the Coaching relationship shall terminate prior to such date if University successfully attains National Championship status in Men's Ice Hockey in no less than forty-eight (48) of forty-nine (49) attempts."

"Uh huh. Uh huh. Okay. Um, can you repeat the part of the stuff where you said all about the...things? Uh... the things?" --Homer Simpson

Brings back very sad memories for me as well...I was in college (at a neighboring/WCHA rival University) and when I came back to help and went into my old room (which was in the basement) and realized that all of those childhood items were gone- it was tragic. Although I didn't have a Hrkac stick...

Here is a pic of the only old school cb sioux stick I have left. Not sure how it made it out of the flood unscathed but it did.

http://t.co/opfhFYvE

All the christian bros WOOD sticks had the players names stamped on them like you see in the picture.

All the christian bros sticks had the players named stamped on them like you see in the picture.

Not quite. The aluminum shafts from Christian didn't have a name on them. The blade inserts had names on them.

Not quite. The aluminum shafts from Christian didn't have a name on them. The blade inserts had names on them.

I was referring to the stick you see in the picture which is all WOOD and not aluminum.

To clarify I was referring to all WOOD christian bros sticks. But thanks for pointing that out. ;)

I was referring to the stick you see in the picture which is all WOOD and not aluminum.

To clarify I was referring to all WOOD christian bros sticks. But thanks for pointing that out. ;)

I took you at your word when you originally (pre-edit) said ...

All the christian bros sticks had the players names stamped on them like you see in the picture.

;)

I know, we put the sticks in the rafters of the basement, little did we know at the time the water would fill up the basement and make it to the main floor. Miss that stick.

A buddy of mine who lived near the river in GF has a similar story. Back in 1965 the Twins put out a set of black and white pictures (5 x 7's I think they were) of all the players from the 65' team. He had the whole complete set stored in the rafters of his garage. Water was over the roof before he thought of them.

A buddy of mine who lived near the river in GF has a similar story. Back in 1965 the Twins put out a set of black and white pictures (5 x 7's I think they were) of all the players from the 65' team. He had the whole complete set stored in the rafters of his garage. Water was over the roof before he thought of them.

Ouch. That stuff is hard to lose.

Here is a pic of the only old school cb sioux stick I have left. Not sure how it made it out of the flood unscathed but it did.

http://t.co/opfhFYvE

All the christian bros WOOD sticks had the players names stamped on them like you see in the picture.

For years if you ordered a dozen sticks you could have your named stamped on them. The first person that I remember doing this was Pete Lindgren when he was a freshman at South Jr. but played varsity for Central in 1976/77 season.

who are the top 10 best ever UND Fighting Sioux Defenseman

As far as guys I've seen I would think Howard Walker, James Patrick, Ian Kidd, Curtis Murphy, Brad Williamson, Travis Roche, Chay Genoway, Matt Greene, Mike Commodore, Russ Parent, and Scott Sandelin would be in the conversation.

who are the top 10 best ever UND Fighting Sioux Defenseman

It depends on what you are looking for in a defenseman, and if it just entails the time they spent at UND or not. Obviously Craig Ludwig was a different kind of defenseman than James Patrick, but he managed to stay in the NHL for 17 years with his defense and shot blocking.

As far as guys I've seen I would think Howard Walker, James Patrick, Ian Kidd, Curtis Murphy, Brad Williamson, Travis Roche, Chay Genoway, Matt Greene, Mike Commodore, Russ Parent, and Scott Sandelin would be in the conversation.

But the one requirement is that they have already coached defense in D1. That leaves everyone out but Scott and why would he walkaway from a head job to come back? Kidd has his Great Harvest Bread store to run in Duluth.